Injury with no memory?

I woke up yesterday with 2 black eyes and a horrendous swelling on my head. I have. No memory of this, somehow I got myself back to bed. Does anyone have a similar experience, I don’t know what to do! I’m in the UK and was drinking on the night

You poor thing. I’ve had similar before. Just don’t get too down on yourself because right now I bet you feel bad enough as it is. Maybe use this as a learning experience and as motivation not to do it again.

2 Likes

Yup. Scar on my face to prove it too. You should see a doctor. That sounds serious. You could have a concussion. Take care of yourself.
Everyone on this forum is really cool. Check in with us and join us in sobriety.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear!
Go see a doctor! 2 black eyes can also mean: your nose is broken. If you think it’s not: go see a doctor anyway! Your lack of memory is a black out because of too much drinking.
Please quit drinking! You deserve a better life!

7 Likes

Its, I think , a good idea to get examined by a doctor. Try to be strong and fuel the will with such an experience.
Last time I got f-ed up , woke up with blood all over my bedsheets , the sink all blody and when I looked in the mirror my face and body. Last thing I remembered was having a nice quite dinner and that one glass of raki … All kind of stuff went trough my head , but luckily I was the only one hurt , couple of cuts ony fingers head and back… Nothing too serious but… All of it is serious.

4 Likes

Oh yes, I often woke up with injuries I had no memory of. The worst I got was after I fell in the shower and almost broke my hip :+1: Those moments are scary as hell and it’s good that they are. Put the bottle down hun, it’s worth it :heart:
And as the others already said: please go to a doctor.

2 Likes

I’ve given myself black eyes a few times before when I was drinking, normally from face planting the floor or door frame, as I would drink at home I had my neighbour or husband telling me what happened

Youve had a blackout, i used to wake up in strange places with no memories of the night before, maybe you need a meeting wish you well