Interesting Thing About Caffine

So something interesting I found out, I realized this the last time I stopped drinking - if I drink a lot of caffine, it makes me really lightheaded, almost like a buzzed feeling. Anybody else get that affect from caffine?

6 Likes

That’s what I figured because I never had that happened when I was drinking. But both times now, I get that feeling.

1 Like

I gave up coffee many years ago. If I drink a full caf cup now, I get super jittery and light headed.

It used to crack up my friends that I drank decaf cuz I didn’t want to get jittery, but I would hoover down a few grams of coke no problem. Addict priorities.

8 Likes

I’ve consumed so much caffeinated beverages I’ve built up a tolerance to caffeine. It increases my anxiety and makes it much worse prior to consumption. It’s more detrimental than beneficial in my experience.

1 Like

I don’t a headache. Hopefully that won’t happen. But I get lightheaded and I realized that I talk a lot more and much faster. Hahaha I didn’t think caffeine affected me but I guess it does.

4 Likes

On some days I drink quite a bit of caffeine and don’t notice anything other than a bit of a boost. Other days I don’t drink any and don’t notice any withdrawal symptoms. I would say I stay pretty active 7 days a week, but I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

I drink loads of caffeine everyday I honestly don’t know how I sleep! Coffee and energy drinks, I use to get light headed and nausea but now my body is use to it.

2 Likes

So far today, a light day: six shots of espresso, 20oz homemade non-diluted cold brew espresso, and a Keurig cup, There may be some left over diet mountain dew in there as well.

2 Likes

Lol another note to add, 2nd night I’ve drank a few glasses of ice tea in the afternoon, 2nd night I haven’t been able to fall asleep…:sleeping: note to self - no caffeine in the afternoon lol

2 Likes

I drink rockstars and go to bed lol. Caffeine don’t do much for me anymore, used to make me jittery and leg bouncy. I just love the flavor of rockstars and black coffee.

2 Likes

So I was thirsty in the middle of the night so I chugged some mountain dew. I went back to sleep and woke up feeling more refreshed than normal

I was like that with caffeine back when I drank 5 pots of coffee a day, plus Pepsi all day and night…never bothered me at all. Now…forget it, caffeine gets me all jittery.

Caffeine makes me tired. I guess that’s a common response from hyperactive people like myself.

2 Likes

Actually sitting here rationalizing the 20 minute drive to town to get my caffeine fix.

When I was drinking I would drink coffee all day (over 12 cups) and beer all night. After becoming sober I still kept drinking the coffee. Doctor told me I should cut down to only 2 because it can cause anxiety and heart problems. We decided that I was substituting caffeine for alcohol during the day. I needed that altered state. So now I’m down to 2 cups a day and don’t miss it.

So far I have 2 days without caffeine. I use to be into consuming energy drinks like Monster, Rockstar, Amp, Nos, Venom etc. As well as coffee, green tea, black tea, Chai tea, etc. So far w/o it. I feel more drowsy/lethargic. I’m more sleepy/sleepified. A friend told me when they first relinquished caffeine they slept for about 11 hours on end.

1 Like

You guys make me realize I should slow down a bit on caffeine too , especially considering I have trouble sleeping. 3-4 double espressos per day. Since I quit I even have one after dinner sometimes just because I like it and I also get more focus. But I’m really active theses days so i don’t know how much it’s bad.

2 Likes

That’s a good reminder. Since I went to AA, my coffee consumption has gone way up. I’m pretty sensitive to it, and I can tell it is messing with my sleep - even if I stop in the afternoon.

1 Like

What’s with all the coffee at AA night meetings? Who can drink coffee at night???

1 Like

I don’t understand that either lol my in laws drink coffee every night, and sleep just fine. Definitely not me.