Introduction / New Member

I’ve joined this site to fellowship with likeminded individuals living a life of sobriety. I have been clean for 46 days as of this writing and and currently living in an Oxford house with my brothers in recovery. My drug of choice was cocaine. I wish to lean on you guys for support through my journey! Life is good, taking this one day at a time. Just for today.

18 Likes

Welcome and congrats on your journey so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Jdworth Hello and best wishes from a fellow newbie

1 Like

Hello, I’m also new here but this far I feel like it’s really helpful to have a place to go when everything just gets to much. I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

4 Likes

Hi I am also a new member
It’s my 3rd day with no alcohol I am that typical drinker who goes out for one and then drinks the whole bottle
This site has helped me as you feel not alone
How your feeling is normal
Great support
Your doing a great job too
Clear mind
I wish you all the luck stay strong

5 Likes

Hi, I’m on day 2. And it’s about the same, I stop when I’m blacked out or when there’s no more to drink.

5 Likes

Welcome Jon. This forum has helped me tremendously and I hope it does the same for you.
Congrats on 46 days!!

1 Like

I hear you I been like this for years I have only recently looked at my drinking and said no more
I think when I rang my boss sp drunk the other week and I sprained my ankle preventing me from going to work on Friday was a eye opener
I dont want to lose my job or my control of life
So it’s time to deal with this problem
I find it really helps talking to people like you that can relate
So you can call on me anytime chick :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thank you girl, and the same to you. I have been like this for a long time. Replacing another addiction with another, but I haven’t really seen alcohol as such a big problem that I have to quit until I realized that I most likely can’t without help and support. I wish you the best of luck, and like a lot of others I’m here if you need it. :blush:

Welcome Jon, very nice to see you and all you new folks here taking good decisions and working on bettering your lives. Hope to see a lot more from you, success to all!

Congratulations Jon, what a wonderful achievement and so much hope and opportunity ahead for you after this life changing choice. Keep on keeping on

Welcome chappie!!

Well done on 3 days :sunglasses: :ok_hand: stick around

1 Like

Hi mate, you’re very welcome :blush:

Lean, and then lean, and then lean some more. There is so much knowledge, strength, and support in this community. Welcome!!!

Congrats @Jdworth @MrsOdh and @Shell1! Its a huge step to reach out for support. I hope you find this community as helpful as I have.

1 Like

I will be
I want a clean heather life style

1 Like