Introduction to the group!

Hello everyone! My name is Michelle. I am new to this format. I am seeking a strong support group to help me grow in my new sobriety. I was clean for 12 years until March of 2023 i decided that I had never drank alcohol in the past so I believed I could drink socially with friends. I learned quickly how wrong that I was…I was completing my Master’s & under a bit of stress. I lost the whole summer by August I was in treatment. Due to my profession anonymity is extremely important to me. I am excited to meet new people.

16 Likes

Welcome Michelle! :blush:
It amazes me how quick alcohol gets a grip on us.
Glad to hear you knew when enough was enough and sought help.
Hope to see you around the forum often. This place has been a life saver for me.
Wishing you the best on your journey.

5 Likes

Michelle, welcome to the community. There’s plenty of no judgement support here. Glad you’re with us.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome :+1:new year new you :slightly_smiling_face: I wish you well on your journey.

4 Likes

Thank you! I am excited and nervous just trying to learn to navigate the sight.

3 Likes

Thank you! I am just trying to learn to navigate the sight. I think I am going to just pay the annual fee. Will that help learn my way around?

3 Likes

The best way to learn how to navigate is to go through the tutorial, if you haven’t already done so. There’s also an advanced tutorial that’s helpful. All you have to do is type one of the following as a reply here and you’ll get a message in your inbox. It must be typed exactly as it appears below.

Paying the annual fee doesn’t make it easier to navigate but it does come with some conveniences like no ads. Here’s a link that explains it in detail.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I hope it will help you in your sobriety journey. This is the only “social media” I use. It is simply a very quality community in general. You can be as anonymous as you’d like. All general posts are public, which is good to know if privacy is of prime importance.

3 Likes

Warm welcome from me, wishing you well on your journey :blush: :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome Michelle! You will find a listening, compassionate, understanding, and supportive community! You are not alone, and you should be proud of yourself for seeking support, wanting to help yourself, and going on the journey of sobriety. I can not promise it will be easy, but we are all here! Reach out to chat, check in, seek advice etc whenever you need. You got this girl!!! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Weclome Michelle,

I did not drink at all, got clean from opiate use quite a few years ago and then after my divorce decided that I could drink sophisticatedly (is that a word?) and socially. Fast forward 10 years and here I am on day 7 again. There is nothing sophisticated or social about my drinking. Its alone and I drink until its ugly. Best advice I can give you is to come here every day. It keeps the shields up and keeps me sober for another 24 hours which is all I am asking for. For my career, I too have to keep it under control and lately I have pushed that envelope a little too often and too far so I know I cannot drink again.

I have also found www.intherooms.com and absolute God-send. I can start my day here and finish my day with an online meeting. Please let us know how you are doing and when you are struggling. These wonderful people are so full of love and really sound advice.

Wishing you all the very best on your journey to recovery.

3 Likes

Thank you! Our stories sound very similar! I also love intherooms i wish i could say more about my career…i had already belonged to a recovery community but as my recovery evolved over the years so did my involvement in helping others. So now I can really share a lot in local meetings for the fear of clients lol and colleagues being there. It probably sounds weird but anyways. I am excited about this site. I paid the membership fee but i have not figured out how to navigate and get the most of the forum just yet. I am going to watch or read the tutorials. I hope to speak with you again soon!

@discobot start tutorial

@discobot start advanced tutorial