Irritability my 2yr mark will be july of this year!

Lately my days have been up and down,one day im very energetic and feel so good been clean almost 2yrs my triggers and all arent bad lately.my days are so confysing because one day i can be so irritating and i feel a mess and fallen apart and feel the feeling of emptiness and i feel like im failimg my family my kids. I havent relapsed but evwryday isnt gonna be good or okay. I know its okay not to feel okay. Im just confused,somwone help!!!:unamused::pensive::sleepy:

3 Likes

The longer I spent sober, the more I noticed drastic mood swings. When I hit 3 and a half years it was especially bad and I started to turn towards other ways to express my addictions and problems. Each new issue that comes up leads me to new avenues of healing - and temptation - and itโ€™s been an enjoyable experience to learn the difference as I continue in my recovery. You might know in your mind that everything youโ€™re feeling is normal but itโ€™s good to hear it repeated by another voice. Youโ€™re doing excellently!

2 Likes

Around my 1 year mark. I started to have feelings of emptiness and failing my family, friends, and coworkers. Combined with anxious thoughts about my day which always portrayed the worst possible scenario.

It got so bad that I was having trouble eating and sleeping. I lost 45 lbs in about 2 months. Eventually I decided to take a month leave of abscence from work and contact a physician. I was prescribed antidepressants.

It took about 2 months for me to fully feel the effects and I took them for a year.

From my personal experience I would say that if you feel that it is impacting your quality of life, and you cant find another solution, antidepressabts could be a way to help get you out of that funk.

You could be suffering from BPD. what your describing is very common. Maybe looking into some DBT exercises that can help shift mood. Some days u just gotta push alil harder but incorporating those things can help. Self care and hygiene is very important too.

What does BPD mean?

Borderline personality disorder.