Is anyone in school?

I’m a college student currently engineering! I am wondering who else is in school? If you are, what are you studying and what are your goals after you complete school?

3 Likes

I am still in high school. Afterwards, I plan to go to university for something technical so that I always have a backup if things don’t work out the way I want them too. Afterwards, I want to work at the rehab I went to and get into the stock market and invest in things so that I can have a nice retirement.

2 Likes

Going back to university this fall after some years away. Planning to finish my B.Sc. in Computing Science & Mathematics :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Currently on a bit of a break, but will hopefully get back in to school for my MBA soon!

2 Likes

I’m at the tail end of an associates in exercise science, though I’m not sure if I’ll go in the fall because I don’t want to be half way through the semester and not be able to finish because it all goes online again. I’d like to work in the exercise as medicine field. It’s a personal trainer who has specialized training to work with people who have metabolic diseases. The idea is to work with them in their specific needs with the hope that we can decrease medications and help them live a better life. I’d sort of planned on going to massage school after that, but at this point… well I’m just playing it by ear.

See though, I graduated with a finance degree in 2008. That was a terrible time to graduate in finance. I can only laugh at my poor timing with the choice of fields I pick. Nothing like graduating into a financial crisis with a finance degree, or graduating in a field where you need to be near someone when there’s an epidemic.

2 Likes

Hopefully I’m getting in to my dream education at the university this fall. Librarian and information research science.

2 Likes

Yes!
I burnt out in restaurant industry and that was one of the biggest changes in my life. Afterwards I’m happy that happened. I left my restaurant career and now I’m studying game graphics. I just want to work in game industry in the future. Not sure exactly what will my role be.
Games are my life and I love drawning.

1 Like

I totally feel that, I work full time and go to school full time and I’m just burnt out. It’s all gonna pay off in the end though so I’m just grinding it out. I’m a cook right now and I accepted that I dont want to do that for the rest of my life. Best of luck to you!

3 Likes

Awesome! Have you been in school before or are you just starting out?

1 Like

Yeah the school of hard knocks…

I’ve been registered with over a year to go back and do personnel trainer and nutrition qualification but because of my situation I’ve kept postponing it hopefully starting in September

1 Like

Congratulations on graduating as a medical doctor and best of luck in you PhD. That’s awesome that you’re heavily involved in sports cardiology research and education. Exercise and nutrition are so important to being healthy and happy.

It’s not quite like a therapist-personal trainer. It’s more like a personal trainer who has been educated and certified to work with people who have specific medical issues. The idea is that the physician sends the patient to work with someone like this and then ideally, say with a T2 diabetic, that person would eventually develop more insulin sensitivity through the physical activity and (ideally) working closely with a dietitian. Going to a personal trainer can be like ‘personal trainer roulette’ and the average person doesn’t often think to look into the certifications one has before hiring them. Not all personal trainers should be working with individuals with special medical needs because they don’t have the training or experience, and could actually cause more harm than good.

2 Likes

I study to be a registreted nutritionist. I have 19 months left. I am hoping to get a job at a private clinic or at a hospital and help people with their diets.

3 Likes

I’ve been in university many times. If I’d keept my focus and didn’t drink ite away I would’ve had a doctors degree ny now. But I didn’t, and with the opportunity to get into my dream education I applied for it and hoping for the best.

1 Like

NURSING school !!!:heart:

3 Likes

My SO is a video game programmer and from what I’ve seen the best thing you can do is try to get involved in game industry type events. Meet people and network it will help you when you’re looking for a job. Every year there’s an event called global game jam where teams around the world work together to make a game in… I think 72 hours. Also check out the IGDA which is the international game developers association to see if there’s a chapter in your area. Things like that will help. Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.

1 Like

Doing 300 level classes in sobriety… lifelong learning is my course of study now!

2 Likes