Is this slippery?

Im 25 days into my millionth attempt at sobriety (2nd serious attempt, the first serious attempt leading me through 2 years of fairly straightforward sobriety)…Ive found I enjoy drinking out of a fancy lowball glass I used to use for alcohol (Peaky Blinders inspired). Anyway, is this a very stupid idea? Drinking half a glass of super strong REAL gingerale out of this glass seems to make me feel good/comfortable…but Ill stop if Im being an idiot. Thanks!

3 Likes

Does drinking out of that glass make you wish there was alcohol in it, or is it just a glass that you have an attachment too?

If I got rid of every glass or cup I drank alcohol out of, we wouldn’t have any glasses. The vessel matters not. What’s in it makes all the difference.

But I am me, and you are you. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

No I just really like the glass it makes me feel fancy :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Then drink your fancy ginger ale out of your fancy glass, and drive on! While you are at it, keep getting better at getting better each and every day.

8 Likes

8 Likes

If I’m at home and making dinner, many times I have put San Pellegrino in a wine glass. Doesn’t make me want to drink, I just like it 'cause it feels fancy.

Why settle for a boring cup? I drank booze out of fancy glasses as well as warped, beat-up plastic cups alike.

6 Likes

This is my happy Viking mug. I’ve drank everything from Coffee to beer and wine, to club soda & POM out of it.

It can’t trigger me, because I don’t want to drink alcohol ever again, and I won’t. Alcohol is voodoo: it only has power if you believe it does.

I don’t.

8 Likes

I celebrated with some cream soda the other day after passing my test because the store didn’t have the candy I wanted. Rare indulgance for me to drink soda! I enjoyed it inthe biggest glass I had so I could fit it all with ice. Dont care that it looked like beer, I never liked that anyway so it didn’t bother me at all! I didn’t honestly even think about it until someone asked what I was drinking lol

3 Likes

I heard a guy in smart say he uses the same drinking glass but with soft drinks because it was like a placebo effect for him, the drink didn’t matter as long as it was satisfying (in the no alcohol sense)

4 Likes

I have a bunch of pint glasses from various breweys and bars, wine glasses and a few shot glasses that I use in that order depending on what’s clean.

When I quit drinking I had to always have a non alcoholic drink on ice. Especially when I drove. This was because when I drank, I always had a cocktail on ice. Like always! Especially when I drove. Lol.

For me it was hard enough to quit drinking Always having something on ice close by helped that.

Youre good pal😉

1 Like

Like Julian from Trailer Park Boys?

2 Likes

While I agree with the sentiments and opinions expressed ( and if course I can’t argue against someone’s experience!), I am left to wonder why did @Rach28 ask in the first place? When I question my motives in simular situations, I usually come back to the fact that I’m trying to get some vicarious thrill or contact high from an alcohol thing.

I drink milk out of my frozen beer glasses. It’s all good

2 Likes

Milk with icecubes :eyes::heart: