It can affect anyone

6 Likes

I saw this the other night on the news. Very moving and inspirational to see celebrities aren’t immune and some struggle jist like us.

2 Likes

I like that she is so open about her struggles. I am sure that alcohol and her PPD meds do not mix…and perhaps the alcohol added to the severity of her PPD? Glad she is making a change.

1 Like

It sure can! Big, small, short, tall, male, female, old, young, famous, or not. Addiction doesn’t care who you are it is not bias. Great read! The more people talk about it the better, it isn’t something that should be swept under a rug and not talked about. Thanks for sharing!!

5 Likes

PPD is very difficult to open up about because as people told her “they didn’t believe she was depressed because she was always so happy”. The critical judgments people share of one another keep “us” in our struggle. When you have mental health issues statistics show you’re more likely to turn to substance abuse to cope. I had issues with alcohol since I was young. I wasn’t diagnosed with anxiety and depression until my mid 20’s and then I had a kid and my symptoms evolved to PPD and my abuse has been there this whole time. I’m realizing that I have to treat the substance abuse and then the mental health struggles. My prayers are with everyone struggling with this dís-ease.

1 Like

I hope you’re not ripping the piss out of me! Do you know how hard it is to name new topics on here? It’s difficult to find a title that hasn’t already been used…

I just wanted to share an article that I came across.

2 Likes

Not cool at all.

2 Likes

I’m glad you did share! I think he’s just being ornery like every other day😉. He brings smiles to the board. When we pick we will do it with less subtly

3 Likes

Sorry guys. Yeah. On reflection that wasnt funny at all. I apollogise.

1 Like

Sorry. Misjudgement on my behalf i was joking and in reflection horrible joke.

I typed that stone cold sober. Imagine how bad my drunken texts used to be. Eugh. Dont even want to think about it. Again apologies. I will try hard to filter myself.

3 Likes

Apology accepted. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes