IT HAPPENED AGAIN. But I'm not QUITTING!

Hi i been in recovery for over 3 years now. I went to programs then eventually got into a halfway house. I had left the house to get into a sober house but I recently relapsed 09-28-19. I been clean ever since the 1st so I feel better I just want to stay clean and I would love some words and motivation to keep pushing and to not go back to that horrible substance again.

6 Likes

Welcome, friend. Check this thread Daily Tip for the Struggling Newbie for a great start.

Get to bed clean and sober tonight. That’s another day in the books. Blessings on your house :pray:.

3 Likes

Thank you one day at a time :pray:

Do you know why you relapsed? I know it can be the most unexpected thing… I’m glad you’re here!:blush::+1:

1 Like

Well I’m really not to sure. It was a Friday I just was getting thoughts in my head. And I said f it and I’ll just get a drink and drink a little bit. Then it got out of hand from there.

I recently read, and repeated it in a post, thst before you pick up that drink (in my case) think it through to.the.end.! I totally love that mindset! I mean the crappy sleep, the hangover, maybe something not so proud of…lol! I’m proudcof you anyway because you came back here!:bouquet:

1 Like

I’m also back from a relapse. I know it’s hard but we need to learn from.this and stay connected to recovery x

3 Likes

Exactly it’s all a learning experience. But we have to move forward and not make the same bad decisions. So we can have a better life and future :pray:

1 Like

Its great you made it back I have relapsed many times this last year and a half I know how you feel just get back to it… I always say now I have another 24 hrs

1 Like

Welcome we are happy to have you. Your story inspired me.

1 Like

Thanks a lot I’m glad I can inspire. We all have to fight this battle everyday. It helps having others like yourself out there for strength and hope to keep going! :pray:

2 Likes

Inspiration is empowerment for all I believe. It’s a ripple effect.

2 Likes