It’s been a rough 2 days

Gosh things have been so stressful these past two days. Today is a day where I’m shaking, craving, not able to focus to keep busy. I’m really struggling. I’ve worked out, went walking in this horrible hot weather, tried to cook but lost my appetite!! :flushed::weary::grimacing::roll_eyes: just ready for this day to be over!! I won’t give in I’m stronger than that I just need to get past this feeling.

9 Likes

Hang in there! It will pass. Try to eat Get some rest. Glad your reaching out! That’s been good for me.

Hungry, angry, lonely and tired. If your feeling any of those. They are a perfect combo for anxiety.

2 Likes

Everyday can bring its own struggles or its own joy, you never know what it will hold. Just remember today you are sober!
Sleeping or meditation are my cure for most of my anxious days.
There’s also a few great meme threads that can make an hour or two vanish and probably help laugh away the nerves too.
We’re all in it together to hang in there!

4 Likes

You can do this! You’re stronger than you think.

2 Likes

I can totally relate. The only thing I want right now is sleep.

But everything passes. We’ll be okay. I know it.

2 Likes

Thank you all. This forum really helps me. I’m good I took a hot bath and listening to some meditations. That helped me relax.
I’m so glad I’m not alone. You all are so great with all the encouraging words.
Much love :heart:

6 Likes

Hi Letty, I posted my story yesterday - I feel like I tried EVERYTHING. Rehab, meditation, hypnosis, life-coach, psychologist, etc. Then I read “This Naked Mind” by Annie Grace which was an easy, informational read from a former alcoholic. When you read what drinking does to your body - it’s marketed poison - it will help. She does blogs too. When I have a craving, I come here to read posts and feel part of a supportive, yet anonymous community. I re-read her book too. Also, my doctor told me I am very close to developing cirrhosis of the liver. Already have a swollen liver and I exercise like crazy daily. A real wake-up call. Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, or have that “a-ha” moment where you just say - enough is enough… But I’d recommend starting with the book. It will likely speak to you. Good luck… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe try ameeting they help wish you well

2 Likes