Itching Skin after day 14

Hello, I have been drinking for almost 13 years. Drinking vodka heavily the last 5, the last two about a bottle a day. At least. I went through detox at a local clinic and am on day 15 technically to this hour. But I’m still itching like crazy. All the time. Especially at night. I didn’t get the sweats in detox and I just started getting them 3 nights ago. Skin still crazy itchy so I can’t get comfortable with any position so sleeping has been rough with all that. Any one else have that? And tingly feet? Any advice or wisdom would be much appreciated.

1 Like

@Mollie_Stewart well done on 15 days. If you do a search at the top of the page there are loads of posts to read. :+1: on “itchy skin” I had a feeling like I had a spiders web forming all over my body. Apparently it is known as liver itch. When you think about the hammering our livers have taken over the years there are lots of toxins to get rid of. I took it to mean I was heading in the right direction and is part of recovery.

4 Likes

I had similar in rehab. Was there for 88 days. The tingling gets better over a few weeks to sometimes months. Neuropathy (tingling) is common with prolonged drinking and benefits from good fluid/electrolyte intake and healthy eating. Could try some diphenhydramine at bedtime to help with the itching and sleep. Super happy for you on your days! It gets so much better.

2 Likes

I got that too for a couple weeks. Only really at night, which was the worst. And I had neuropathy in my feet, hands, and one ear. It all subsided after about 2/3 weeks. It wont last forever. Just still your body healing and figuring out ‘normal’ again. Keep going strong!