Its 8am Somewhere!

its only 8am where I am. Im 1.5 days sober and I’m already wanting to drink/plan my next one :sob:

1 Like

It’s not an option today! Do anything else; I promise you the urge will go away soon enough. C’mon, stick with us here!

7 Likes

Its 8am here too… I don’t have tons of experience, strength and hope, recently, but I can tell you that you can do it! That point, about day 1.5, was always my nemesis too! I am on my 7th day myself, and I keep reminding myself that I can’t get to day 10 without day 2, etc… can’t get to day 30 without day 8, etc…

6 Likes

Good morning @anon79808082, from the other end of Sunny Florida!

1 Like

Hi Charlie! Gorgeous morning; I even like the rain later in these days. You’re doing great btw; you and I started around the same time so let’s do it this time! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

(that’s as much for me as you, btw!)

Keep with us … Your be so proud of yourself once u hit the pillow tonight soba . Can u keep busy today ? Go for a walk ? Do some baking how a pamper day? Why not try some online meetings to help you keep focused on recovery. You can do this ! X

3 Likes

Thank you all. I actually DO have a busy day but I’m so used to sneaking in even a beer or 2. I’m also utterly sickened about a recent crease dent I put in my car…no idea how it got there. Saw it the next morning. Definitely paranoid my husband will see it and ask what happened…I have no idea. So ashamed and sickened by it. Still waiting for the police to show up at my house one day. :flushed:

2 Likes

I know this is easier said than done, but shake it off and continue your day as well as you can; anything else will fall into place and you will address it as it comes. Have a great day~!

2 Likes

@anon79808082 thank you. Another hour down!

1 Like

Keep checking in. I’ve had days where I set a timer and checked in here every 5 minutes. Don’t think about the big picture or shame or regret or explaining or running away from all the big bad things you feel are happening, or just the general feeling of being stuck and not wanting to be where you are. Just think, I can put this off for another 5 minutes / 15 / hour / whatever time you set for yourself.

One moment at a time. That’s all it is. You’re worthy and you belong, and you matter; your life matters, and you deserve a safe sober life. Take care :innocent:

4 Likes

Thank you, @Matt. I definitely needed to hear that and I appreciate it :blush:

1 Like

You deserve it. You’re a good person. You deserve a safe healthy space for yourself. You can find it. Don’t ever give up, ever :innocent:

2 Likes

I’m on day 11 of my sobriety and I by no means have this thing figured out but something that has helped me tremendously outside of this great forum is I’ve started believing myself every time I have a craving I tell myself there’s no way this craving is bigger than me start loving and believing yourself it’s a fight and tell yourself you will not lose you can do this! And if I a complete stranger believes you can do it why can’t you? Have a great day and stay sober!

4 Likes

I have TOTALLY been there. I always would get so much anxiety and depression being hungover/withdrawling that I would drink. I had to put the hard work in for a week or two to get past the physical addiction. (Not that long in the grand scheme just feels it with anxiety).

You can totally do this. One day at a time, but keep a bigger plan. Keep checking in here please, no matter what.

1 Like

@JRine8 Thank you for believing in me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Bubonicphoniks definitely felt physically ill yesterday and not so hot today but I’m hoping the worst of the mental and emotional stuff is over :pray:

@Bubonicphoniks thank you for your encouragement :heartpulse:

Hope so too, but even if its not over I hope you keep pushing through so you never have to feel like crap because of booze. It wasnt worth it for me at all in the end, I wasnt even having much fun.

Getting a sponsor for me was a game changer. It sounds like a big step, and it was, but my quality of life has gone way up.

Hang in there!

1 Like

How are you doing??