It's been 5 days, going strong!

I’m not a regular user of alcohol or cocaine but when I do, I’m only turning up home the next day and my poor wife has to endure the worry throughout to know I’m still alive… I’ve had enough I started using again this year post April started with a one nightof booze no cocaine but next month here I was booze and drink. What is weird is that I don’t like doing it with people so will get it on my own and just do it by myself, almost like I’ll stay sober for the people but undercover I’m drinking and sniffing away, again it will be a one day thing which will take a toll on me. Before march I was clean for a year and a half. That’s where I’m heading now. I’ve been 5 days sober and I’ve never counted these little milestones before but I am this time around. I will keep the notifications on of this app and keep reminding myself that I am not in control, the alcohol and drug is in control of my mind and just accept that, it is not me but these substances that control me. Does it make we weak thinking that? No, I have understood it now and recognise these have altered some parts of my brain and damaged it so when around in a pub or around booze they will take over. So no no, the substances may have won the short time control but I will take my journey by the horns and rock it! I have control of my journey and hence counting every wins as a win! Let’s go 5 days and counting! Booya

5 Likes

Good for you and well done on day 5

1 Like

Thank you Meg2! Hope you’re well and loving life

1 Like

Thank you, so far so good day 12

You’ve got this! Step by step you’ll get to the top. Feel free to message me anytime.

1 Like

Very kind thank you very much

1 Like

Of course we’re in this together :heartbeat:

1 Like

Congrats on your sobriety. Using alcohol and cocaine are a deadend.

1 Like

You know it! It is the worst. Thank you!

Congratulations on your 5 days!!

Finding new and healthier coping mechanisms for stress / life / emotions has been so helpful for me. Whether it be reading and sharing here, journaling, physical activity, hobbies, meditation, etc. It all helps me get away from those dreary addictive times of being holed up snorting away. Ugh.

Glad you are here!

3 Likes

Thank you very much , we understand each other! Courage on your journey too.

1 Like

Booya for your 5 days! I think admitting that we are powerless to the substances that control us is a huge power move. For me, it eliminated all the endless cycles of thinking, ‘why am I like this/why can’t I be normal/can’t I just have 1 today/look I have 10 days, so I can totally have just 1 today…’ NOPE. You are powerless to this. You are not ‘normal.’ You can’t have just one because you are powerless to this. Easy answer. No mess. No loopholes. Plus the poetry lover in me loves the irony of finding power in admitting you are powerless. I think, in many ways, truth always lies in that blending of opposites.

3 Likes

Love this! It is such a shift in the mind!!

1 Like

Exactly, that’s how we are and that how we love it. Thank you! Joy is for us! X

1 Like