It's Mike lamica. I'm back

Hey everyone im back not sure really where to start. After my relapse at my uncle’s I totally lied and started drinking every day. And then I started thinking about cocaine, so I’ve been getting that too again. Of course I said I was just moderating it and had control, but every time I’ve said ok I won’t get coke again next thing you know I’m going and getting it. I don’t even really know where to go with this post, I just know I need to get and stay sober so I don’t ruin my new career path and the bond with my family and girls that I has made in that year of sobriety. Idk why I let myself be so stupid enough not to fight through that urge, like wtf now it’s time to start all over. Part of me doesn’t even want to start over. Idk much love

54 Likes

Welcome back, Mike. You know what you have to do. Move on from this, amigo. That’s all we can do.

6 Likes

Welcome back Mike, good to see you back buddy!

You know what to do now. Have a solid recovery program :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome home brother!

4 Likes

Glad your back!

3 Likes

I am so glad you’re back! You and I both know that stupidity has nothing to do with relapse. It’s physical and mental craving FULL STOP. A big life change was bound to bring up some stuff and it sure did!

Dig in deep to your new craft. Practice and throw all of your energy into it and into your sobriety. You matter. You’re following your dream and you can get there but not if you drink and drug. You know that.

Starting over isn’t nearly as hard as losing everything. So, get back on the damn horse, pal.

5 Likes

Hi Mike, I remember you.

Welcome back.

2 Likes

Hi Mike, I’m glad you made it back here. You got a year before- and that was starting with no tools in your tool box. Now you have a full tool box, and room for more tools. You really are powerful Mike Lamica.

4 Likes

It sucks but you must start over. Deep down you know it is what you want. You don’t want to be that person. We have not talked on this forum but I have followed your posts since I have been here. I loved all your positivity and strength you displayed. And I was worried when you went to stay with your uncle for that week. Not sure you would have had the relapse if you had stayed away from that environment. But it happened. All there is to do now is move on and get back on the path of sobriety. I hope your tattoo work is getting better all the time! You can do better to!

Bye for now…

2 Likes

So glad you are back Mike. You have been and still are an inspiration! Please don’t give up, keep fighting the good fight!

2 Likes

Glad you’re back Mike. This is where you belong. Sober and clean. Let’s do this.

2 Likes

Welcome back Mike! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Your not starting over. I relapsed after almost ten years. One of my biggest self inflicted obstacles was not appreciating less sobriety time. For example, 60 days didnt mean shit because I had been sober for almost a decade. It was hard for me to get past that and I stayed drunk way longer than I had to.

all we have is today. The days add up and thats cool, but at the end of the day if you havent drank then your are winning. One day at a time!

25 Likes

Really glad you’re back Mike, love you bro! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

What matters is that you’re back. You haven’t lost the progress you made, nor have you lost the knowledge that you gained. Your desire to maintain this new lifestyle is strong but you need to stay true to yourself and those who care about you. Get back on track fighting the good fight and connecting here. This journey isn’t easy, but it’s so worth it and you know it. One day at a time bro, or even one hour or minute. Sending love and strength :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Keep your head up brother. You do want sobriety that’s why you fought as long as you did to stay sober. Happy to see you back man

3 Likes

Welcome back Mike. Glad you are here. Will you join me in being sober today? Just today. We can worry about tomorrow later.

12 Likes

Welcome back Mike! You know what you have to do. Switch it up. Check in here early and often. Everyone who has responded has your back and is rooting for you. The time you had isn’t lost, it’s experience. I slipped a few times before it clicked. Saddle up, dust yourself off and one day at a time.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support, I’ll be checking in daily again and trying to get back to who I was.

14 Likes

Hey mike, welcome back. Glad you were honest with yourself!

3 Likes