It's my first day here

Someone told me about this app yesterday. I’m one week sober(from alcohol) today. Cutting out one thing at a time but alcohol is the most important. Ive tried quitting before but it never lasted too long. I’ve also been scared of withdrawal but never experienced it until this time. That fact alone let’s me know it’s gone too far. Night #2 and I started hallucinating. I thought my boyfriend was crying and I went to check on him but he was asleep. I heard my daughter screaming my name for help so realistically I jumped out of bed 3 times to check on her only to find her fast asleep. I might have slept 4 hours total in the first 3 nights. Past all that now. Still sore. Still reaking of smelly sweat. Still foggy in the brain. But hopeful. I worked out yesterday so my muscles are sore today, but in a good way. About to do it again now. That’s gonna be my motivation. Exercise used to be my addiction. It’s going to take a lot of work to get back to that point but I’m sure as shit going to try.

6 Likes

Hi & welcome!

it’s my 1st day as well, you doing good! Keep it UP!

I’m 2 days off alcohol and weed, and like you I slept very bad and just a few hrs. the last 2 nights!

I still have this pressure and pain in my breast.

I never liked exercise but always loved cycling, I need to find a new addiction!

Peace! Hold on be strong!!

1 Like

welcome to the show it’s a great place to get support and advice, come here loads it really does help, even if just to distract you from drinking. Let us share your success and pick you up if you need it. Be strong and be happy. It only hurts when you’re healing.

1 Like

Hi and welcome. Sounds like u have got through the worst of the withdrawal so things can only get better from now . Please keep reading and reaching out on here cos This app has definitely helped so many of us . Good luck x

2 Likes