Its sober day 3

Its day 3, and every time i hit day 3… i relapse. So today is a focus :woman_in_lotus_position: and staying faithful to myself.

Im gonna keep on checking in on here, read my book, journal, do some coocking and keep on going forward!

13 Likes

Nope. Not today. Today is your victory day. Yesterday is in the past, and tomorrow hasn’t happened yet. The only thing you have, and the only thing to think about, is today.

Sounds like you have a good plan of activities for the day. That’s helpful. Don’t hesitate to reach out for support if needed. Once I had a day where I created a thread here and set a 5-minute timer & posted an update every 5 minutes. It kept me occupied :smile:

Think of it in terms of what Yoda-Stevie says here: today is your victory day.

Your life is yours, Judy. It doesn’t belong to your “addict brain” and don’t let that sneaky addiction trick you. You do not need to drink today. Whatever happens, even if you’re feeling bored, or angry, or frustrated, or happy, or whatever. There is always another choice than drinking.

You’re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life where you can be your full self. So be yourself today :smile:

6 Likes

Stay strong! The first few days are absolutely the hardest but it absolutely gets easier. Whats your why behind your sobriety? Keep it in the front of your mind today! You got this!

2 Likes

So this is something you know. So realistically you shouldn’t today.
Because you are going to beat it
Because you are armed up and ready for it.

3 Likes

Judy you got this !!! I just hit day 4 for the first time in years were all here for you!!

2 Likes

I always love your comments on my post! I love your knowledge!! Thanks! Sober all the way!!!

2 Likes

Im just one day behind you then!!! Whats your advise or what did you learn of you yeaterday? (Day 3) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your right!!! Sobriety for the win today!!!

5 Likes

I like that!!! I will focus on that!!! Thanks for your advise!

4 Likes

Mainly let people know where you are have that support system i had friends over to keep me distracted by playing games and stuff

2 Likes

My humble advice is to get mad about being constantly manipulated by an addictive poison. Get mad about being pushed around. It’s time for YOU to be the one in control. Laugh out loud at the third day cravings. I used to picture cravings as those word balloons above comic strip characters and then pop them with imaginary needles. Sounds weird, I know, but I loved popping those balloons in the early days of my quit. Cravings go away. Your quit will get easier. Keep us updated. Beat day three! : )

2 Likes

I had to get mad at “damon” my drinking demon yesterday to get day 7 done (I’ve recently named it - thanks to recovery elevator podcast recommendation)
Get mad at that tick in your head, that random compulsion to open what ever beverage it is! Go for a walk, do a kick ass work out, run, scream, dance to loud music, do online shopping, cook, bath, podcast, read, draw, video game, whatever to get past it. You are going to get to day 4 and beyond - one minute at a time if needed.

3 Likes

I love that!!! And ill use it! Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love that! I will find myself a name for my demon lol thanks you

2 Likes

Hey keep ur head up you can do this have faith. :heart:
I’m like 35 days off alcohol and Xanax been doing since I was 16 and I’m 34. But yea stay strong!!!

2 Likes

Thats amazing!!! I am 5 months clean off crack… now im fighting sobroety with alcohol!!! One day at a time! Xo

1 Like

Congrats I understand the struggle

1 Like

Yes mam!!:smirk::smirk:

1 Like

Thank you! Hope your well!!! :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work, day three is great. We all believe in you girl.

2 Likes