I've accomplished absoultly nothing in the past 5 years!

Can’t seem to kick this shit man. Ive been using heroin since i was 18 i am now 25. I literally have NOTHING more today then 5 years ago when it all started. Ive gone to treatment 3 times. Each time i only lasted a month clean and would relapse. Today i find myself in a very scary situation, my family is no longer dealing with any of it, I’ve burned all my bridges and let those down who were willing to help. I find myself currently homless for 2 days now, unemployed and still getting high. I never thought i would get to this point like i have heard many of you share about your experience. Im not mad at my family nor do i have resentment. I put my self in this position. And in the only person that can get me out of this situation. I gotta say i believe this is definitely rock bottom for me. A week ago i had my job and a roof over my head. Just like that my addiction took them away from me. Easy part for me is getting off hard part is staying off. I know i can do this we all can! Thank you for your time. Just for today N/A fam!! God bless

5 Likes

This is exactly my story about 1 month before I finally got clean. I ended up in rehab because I had nowhere else to go and it was too cold to be homeless. For whatever reason God saw fit to give me one last chance and I took advantage of it. Sounds like you go to NA, which is really helpful. Give treatment one more shot and when you get out lean on the people in the rooms. They will give the support you need while you sort things out.

9 Likes

You know what makes my story exactly like yours? I also am checking myself in to detox then hopefully a sober living. Ive always known exactly what i need to do, things is i never gave the program a chance. I’ve tried everything rehab, sober living, moving out of town, moving out of state, and nothing has worked for me. Except the only i haven’t given a shot too is working a program. If everyone else can do it i definitely can too. And if thats going to keep me sober im all in not taking shit for granted anymore. Thank you bro i appreciate it and that is exactly what i will be doing!

6 Likes

Just keep focused on the plan. Its also easier when u give the people and the lifestyle up. You say the detox was easy part but that was the hardest for me to get past. A full detox last 6 months or so. Find what makes you tick and how you want to live life. Having a good plan like you have will work if you stick to the program…

2 Likes

Right now thats my only choice. I’m definitely struggling but im not going to give up struggle is temporary unless we give up. Yes i agree with you, either were all in willing to do all of those changes or its out. Reason i said that is because Ive gotten clean plenty times when i went to treatment and on my own a few times. Just reffering to physical withdrawal phase 1-10 days.The longest ive been sober in 5 years is 30 days. Somethings got to change. Thank you for your comment hope u have a great day!

Even physical wd last longer then 10 days. You still feel low energy, insomina, diarrhea, irritable sneezing,chills,hot flashes. A good 30 days until it was about 85% gone. Your right, just one slip could cause this whole train to derail even when we may think that one time is ok n harmeless and we deserve it .

2 Likes

The first 10 for sure are definitely the hardest. My insomnia and sneezing last about 20 days. Mudd butt and my anxiety are hardest for me the first 2 weeks. Yeah i agree atleast 30 days until you’ll start getting into a normal persons routine, appetite, ect. That exact thinking is what causes me to relapse. Those can be scary

Well when i first started this last time i didnt fully accept quiting forever which seem overwhelming when first getting clean. I promised myself id get thru this detox and decide when i finally felt normal whether this was forever or not. By then i felt great and my life was moving forward n not backwards or at a stalemate for once. Finally i had full freedom and energy to do whatever i want after about 4 months. It is worth it long term if u give it a chance. 30 days is hardly enough time to see the changes.

1 Like

I relate a lot to the not accomplishing anything. Between the drinking and my poorly managed mental health situation, together they made up around 6 years of decline and dysfunction, where previously I was shining bright and going places. I’ve a long ways to go still to get back what I want to get back, but I’ve started that walk now. The further I go, the more it feels within reach to have my “normal”, pre-problem life back. It won’t be exactly like before, because I’m a different person now than I was before I got swallowed up. I’ve grown a lot during my recovery so far. Whatever my future looks like, I’m excited about it, because I’m in recovery, and whatever life throws at me, my addiction isn’t going to tear down anymore.

You can’t change the past, but you can change today. The only way to make the future not like the past is to change today. You mentioned working a program, that’s perfect, because not only does it help to stay clean today, but it invests in your own personal development that makes it easier to stay clean in the future.

1 Like

That sounds awsome, see i havent given myself the chance to even see or feel any changes being that i cant stay sober longer than 30 days. Im determined to do what it takes this time around. I Just want to be able to wake up for work every morning full of energy in a positive mood, thinking about what i wanna eat for breakfast and kill the day staying sober ofcourse. So done with chasing this shit, im so over it.

Victory Addiction Recovery Center has changed my life. They are willing to bend over backwards for you, do what they have to do to make sure you don’t go back to the same environment that you’re used to. Look them up and give them a call

1 Like

Sometimes we are forced to go in the right direction, when it’s the only path open for us. We’ve tried and failed at all of the easy paths, the convenient paths, only to get lost. When all you have is one direction in which to go, your only choice is to stay rooted where you are, or take to the path before you.

Welcome. I am glad you are here among us, and I hope you will stay, heal, learn, grow, share.

1 Like

Don’t give up! KEEP FIGHTING

2 Likes

At 80 days and I’ve been seeing many positive things come about because of recovery. It’ll take time, even more work I still have to do also. They say the beginning few months are the hardest. Keep at it though-it’s so worth it.

The first year is the hardest. It’s been the hardest for me and I’m almost at a year. They say take it day by day… I have to take it second by second, minute by minute… Yes, I’ve come a long way but I still have my days where I just want to give up, but when I look at my daughter, all the thoughts, urges, cravings go away IMMEDIATELY! So, yes it’s hard but it’s so worth it

And always give yourself credit because you didn’t go get high yesterday or today!! But most importantly give GOD the credit because without him, we wouldn’t be where we are today! "All things are possible to those who BELIEVE🙌

1 Like