Ive made it to Day 7!

7 whole days sober! could never last more than 1 day for years now, its been hard… more so emotionally. Im doing this :muscle:

27 Likes

Congrats mate

1 Like

That’s awesome! What helped get you through that first day then week? What’s your plan going forward to maintain sobriety? I think it’s important to share what works to help those that also struggle to string a few days together.

3 Likes

Woohoo keep going don’t :stop_sign: u got this

2 Likes

First day was spend with alot of tears and just a feeling off no idea what i was doing, the first week i was fortunate to have a fantastic family support and my first councelling appointment specifically for alcohol and drug abuse, it really helped to talk to someone that understood having recovered 15 years ago themselves, i started journaling and just writing down my thoughts and feelings when things have been really hard, no matter how hard the night ive had, how proud i am each morning for sticking to things is an amazing feeling, steps going forward for me is 1 day at a time and getting advice from others been here and hopefully find new ways to cope x

-although i am ploughing on with a positve attitude, id like to add, ive had thankfully minor withdrawl symtoms but still hard, but mentally i have really struggled and tears and tissue have been my friends, tears from struggling but also because i know im doing this, for the first time i want my life back and to give my family their lives back x

10 Likes

Well done on your first week :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s great to hear that your support network is strong, and you have good people around you. It’s half the battle when you have people rooting for you.

Also, welcome to the TS community!

2 Likes

Look at you go!

What is the best part for you?

For me it is the early mornings without hangover trouble.

Keep up the good work. The first few weeks are the hardest as you change your habits and get your body through the physical and psychological withdrawal. Each week gets a bit better as you make your new normal.

Visit here often for support!

4 Likes

That is awesome! Congrats on 1 week!

That’s awesome!

I’m coming up on 7 days tomorrow, i feel your struggle.

1 Like

Its nice to know we arent the only ones that have been here, your doing fantastic :clap: keep strong,

1 Like

Id agree the getting up early and been able to go out for a walk clear headed! And even getting the standard house work done,

I like that… making a new normal,

1 Like

It takes practice. You can do it. One day at a time.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 1 week!! :partying_face:

1 Like

Stay strong and keep your mind busy! :muscle:

1 Like

Congratulations on 7 whole days! It can feel impossible but if you can do 7 you can do any number of days!

What helped you through the low moments? Do you have plans for something fun in the next few days?

1 Like

That’s awesome! Now on to day eight! You can do it. How do I know? Because you’ve done 7 days. If you can do 7, you can do 8!

2 Likes

The low moments i was thankful to have a gresr support from my partner and family, it would be very difficult without them so im very thankful, no big plans as the weather here is awful at the minute so i may set tasks to start gutting out the house room by room, been wanting to do it for months but would always be hungover or sluggish, hope you have a great day x

2 Likes

One day at a time , I’m on day 8 but will be day xxxx soon

2 Likes

You have this :100::100::100::100:

1 Like

As do you :muscle: your doing awesome, what do you find is helping or being helpful for you? You got any plans for going forward