IVF Treatment

My wife began taking the medication prescribed to her by her Dr. I’m amazed what Science can do. She’s in touch with a bunch of other women on this FB group who are receiving the same treatment. We’re constantly driving back and forth between Ft. Drum, NY and Syracuse, NY. On top of that I’ve been driving back and forth between Connecticut and New York. I’ve must have driving more than 5,000 miles (estimation) total in the month of September alone and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.
She’s relaxing right now and in a good frame of mind. This is all new to me but I know for sure that she has to be in as positive state of mind, constantly. I’m getting used to it now though and am just enjoying the joy radiating from her. Hopefully, these next few days will bring more good news. So many other women are getting pregnant so that to me in itself is encouraging. We’re shooting for twins. We initially wanted to choose the sex (male) but opted out of that. I think it’s for the best.

26 Likes

Best of luck to you two!! Keep us posted, that is very exciting.

1 Like

Let me know next time you’re in Syracuse and we can grab some food.

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I will mah dude ^.^

1 Like

Ohhhhh good luck! I had to do IVF with my second daughter after 4 consecutive miscarriages. I had an amazing RE in NY. It was a lot of work, shots, emotions, but worth every single second. I was really hoping for twins, but just got one extra nigh one hahaa. I was on a support forum for years called Fertility Friend. It has charting and all that good stuff. I have a grandfathered free membership because I joined in 2002 :astonished: So, I’m not sure what it costs. But man we loved to post our pee sticks. I kept all those companies in business for years. My ocd had me taking like 10 a day :joy:

With my first I wanted a boy so bad, but hate to admit that I was disappointed when I found out I was having a girl. It’s still a running joke in my family. Plus, my oldest is the girliest girl on earth too. Now, I can’t even imagine not having girls. I’m a girl mom and was hoping for another girl when I went through fertility treatments. My kids are 10 years apart. I had secondary infertility.

Enjoy the journey. And when your kids are teenagers and being brats. You’re wife is going to be like “I treated my body like a damn pin cushion for this shit?!?!” :joy:

Congrats on the journey!

6 Likes

Best of luck to u both! Sending sticky vibes.

2 Likes

Best of luck Carlos. My wife and I did several IVF treatments. Wishing you luck :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m available to chat anytime if you want. I know it can be an emotional rollercoaster :innocent:

2 Likes

If you go to Strong Hearts have a milkshake for me. Man, I miss Syracuse. Damn pandemic.

2 Likes

What an exciting time! :heart: I am glad your wife is feeling well and positive!

1 Like

Best of luck! I’m excited for the both of you. :heart:

1 Like

Best of luck to both of you! Keep us posted. Happiness Rules the day. I’ll pray for you both. Enjoy your weekend

Exciting times my friend! Best of luck and success.

1 Like

I got lunch there not long ago! Those cauliflower wings are still amazing too!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the Love! I feel like a person who is hosting a play. I’m constantly observing how everyone around me is going about there day. I have this sense of calmness over myself mixed in with a confidence that is contagious. This all would not have happened if I were drinking.

6 Likes

So today, my Readiness NCO called me and basically did me a solid by cancelling my School for the month of October. My wife and I went to our IVF appointment and there are 2 eggs that are ready to be retrieved. Tonight, she’s going to administer the medication to get that going. I’ll get to be here with her the whole time now and that just makes me so excited. I know she wanted me to be there with her. I know this is the right thing to do. I’ll comfort her the whole way.

9 Likes

Good for you Carlos. The extraction is a very painful process and she will need support; I spent a few days at home caring for my wife afterward.

It sounds like you have a good opportunity here to be there for her, with school being cancelled :innocent:

3 Likes

what an exciting chapter for you, carlos! science really is amazing. i just went to a baby shower yesterday for a woman who is 7.5 months pregnant thanks to IVF. :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll definitely keep that in mind when it happens Wednesday. @Englishd , Thursday she will be doing a few things at the treatment center in the AM which will take some time for her to do. You want to grab a bite to eat?

2 Likes

She’s been telling me a lot of stories on this FB group she’s in with that particular IVF facility. There are a lot of women who are getting pregnant. Twins, triplet’s, one even has quad’s coming. It just blows my mind away

2 Likes