Jamie's Journey

I am going to use this page as a kind of sober journal to try and add another area of focus in these troubled times, and the app itself isn’t giving me enough incentive so…

2 Likes

Had to reset already, and I feel so ashamed that I couldn’t even do one day. Where’s will power when you need him! :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Don’t worry I had this app for about a month and hit reset every morning before I did one day sober. Hang in there

1 Like

@JamesOnTheWagon if your looking for that special bullet to quit your not going to find it.

You need a real plan! In the beginning your addictive brain has warped your sense of “normal” completely. I thought it was normal to drink a 750ml/fifth of rum, whiskey or vodka a day. SMH.

Don’t be deterred, but you need to refocus yourself to “zero” as your new normal.

Well I fell off the wagon again yesterday. It seems like every little negative thing in my life I turn to drink and/or pills. I need a better coping mechanism. The lack of motivation to do anything at all is mind numbing.

Doing well, staying strong. Still not 100% but getting there. The first two days are definitely the worse so if you guys can handle those, you can handle the next two years. Keep it up people :grin:

4 Likes

Hi All,

Hope everyone is kicking ass!

Im proud of my progress so far, got a dream graduate job, got the girl, got a flat, and more importantly got a handle on drinking. Don’t get me wrong I’m still having a drink at weekends, but I’m attending work all week and working out afterwards to exercise the body and mind so I really do feel like I’ve turned a corner. If I can handle the sober weekends, I will be winning, therefore, I feel I am still climbing this soberiety ladder.

Peace
James

1 Like