Jessi's 500 days!

Today was mine and my loves 500th day sober. 500 days choosing to not drink even on the day’s I wanted to.
It’s a lot easier for him because he didn’t have a problem with drinking his was with other stuff. We have 500 days of no drinking and no drugs.
We have gone through so much in our relationship. Diagnoses I never thought we could handle because it was so early in our relationship, him getting sober with me to support me when the doctor told me I needed to quit drinking. Had a complete hip replacement, have been told I need a major surgery on my other hip, had my spine start going out. The cyst on my brain is causing more and more migraines making it difficult to live with me at times.
Being sober has made me feel all of the emotions I have been covering up for 20 years with drinking. I get moody and angry.

Sometimes feel unloved, unworthy of love. Even tho I know those things aren’t true.
These are all feelings that I felt for so many years it’s just habit now. I’m feeling them now because I covered them up for so long.

This is just a small part of what getting sober is like. I can’t cover my feelings anymore not like I used to. Which means I have to learn to deal with them all over again because I forgot how to do that.

I promise you can learn to deal with Sobriety too. You just have to deal with things as they come up. You can’t hide from your feelings you just have to learn to deal with them as they come up you can’t mask them to deal with them later.

Now that I have hit day 500 I am going to uninstall the app. I find I spend a lot of my time on here and honestly it mostly just upsets me. I will still get on when I’m on my laptop but I want to limit my time on here a bit.
You can follow my Instagram, blog or Facebook page to keep up with me on a daily basis if you would like.
Tho I did just start the blog. :joy: But will be using it. And I will be writing for the sober mommies website starting next week so you can follow their blogs too and read my stuff monthly.

I’m sorry about your health issues, but thank you for sharing your story. It’s very inspirational!

Congratulations jessi!!

That’s so amazing. I want to be there one day.

Holy shit, congrats on yours and the mister’s 500. Bummed you’ll be around less. You’re a pretty awesome hooman, Jessi.

May your Chucks be always kicking and your leggings be ever warm! :heart:

If you can get and stay sober for 500 days, anyone can!

Congratulations Jessi, thanks for the laughs and inspiration

Congratulations! That’s a big achievement! :trophy:
I wish you a lot of succes with your blogs and Facebook! :+1:

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:
I will still be around some just not with my phone.
We will see how it goes. I might find I miss you guys to much and just download it again :purple_heart:

You better! I’ll miss the hell out of you. :heart: Congrats to you guys on 500 days. It’s a huge accomplishment that should be soundly celebrated…with cake. Lol. I love you Jessi.

Congratulations on this huge accomplishment and thank you for all your helpful advice! :sunny:

500 days… that is a breathtaking accomplishment. What an incredible accomplishment- and to share it with your love? Amazing. Love you, @Jessi.lynn.

I am so happy for you and your family. I think you were the first person I responded to on this app, which pulled me in and has helped me so much. Keep going and know there are lots of us inspired by you.

Congratulations and thank you for being an inspiration to us all!! :trophy::+1::+1::+1::green_heart:

You are an inspiration to me @Jessi.lynn … keep it going… I like your blog name ‘sober happy’. It is possible to be sober and happy! I am too😁 Good luck and all the best. Rob

Jess I have been through a lot in sobriety. But what you have been through is too much. But guess what. You were sober. Had you not been the surgeons may not have been able to operate if you made it to the hospital. I know from my own struggles which were far less than yours. You will come out of this a stronger person. The fact you did stay sober tells me you have a great foundation for your sobriety.

I am here for you and with you each day each step of the way. I have 10500 days sober for you to lean on. Wow your 500 days. How great is that. Togeth we can and will 1 day at a time remain sober and free Your Friend John. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Big hugs. :tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip:

I’m so happy for you! I am a few days away from six months and it’s been a joy to follow your progression. I just followed you on Instagram so you may see me show up there. :heart:

6 months that is great I have and still do it one day at a time. All that is doing is breaking it down into easy steps. Also sights such as this and AA is my big one. But every one finds their own comfort level. If I can help at any time I am happy to do so. Not that I offer any thing great But I believe in caring and sharing Take care Your Friend John :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: