Job F* Ups

Oh no!!! They should keep that door locked! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I worked as a kindergarten teacher for a few years. My group had about 22 kids between the ages of 2,5-5 years. We did a head count always when going/being/coming from outside. More than once I had someone missing. First you’d check all possible hideouts. Then you asked colleagues for sightings. If it was still a no-show you’d start having cold sweats and a premature heart failure. Sheer terror and panic bc even if a kid was dumb enough to run away it was still MY responsibility. (The yard was fenced but gates not locked, that’s how our country rolls)

Luckily, we had many false alarms and the missing ones turned up quickly.

3 Likes

When I was a lot younger (like 18-20) I worked at a charity secondhand store. Social services was in charge of my paycheck, because that’s how the system worked at that time. I didn’t wanted to be there, they didn’t want to have me there and very often I showed up so hangover I was still drunk, got drunk during lunchbreak or high enough to have to clue where I was. Didn’t care that it was a great chance to get a real employment at that store. Ofc they eventually got me away from there because they got tired of me. And eventually my father got me a job at the factory he worked at. It was just for the summer, the lady in charge of the staff had been my babysitter when I was a kid. I stayed mostly clean and sober except for the weekends amd worked shifts, day, eve, night. A few weeks in we had a lot to do, we made beds for trucks and boats and for Ikea for example. My job was to attach the springs to a metal frame with a metal ring. I worked as fast as I could, talked to the guy next to me and accidentally put one of the metal rings through my tumb. It didn’t hurt when I did it, but I couldn’t get it out myself. The guy I was working with had to help me cut it open and pull it out, and because it has gone all the way through and in the middle of my nail the blood was pumpkin out when he cut pulled the ring out. I saw the blood amd fainted, landed in a tool locker on a screwdriver and got the screwdrivers sharp end in my back, because they where all standing up in the locker. The ambulance had to come and get me, drive me to the hospital make an x-ray and everything before they took the screwdriver out. Stil didn’t hurt that bad, but I sure scared my entire work unit. After that they started a “no talking while working rule” and the tool locker rule about always keeping it closed, screwdrivers sharp ends down.
I did my weeks and didn’t got asked to come back :joy:

4 Likes

I’m sure you had to be careful not to have had a stow away at the end of the day in your car! :rofl: