Jonesin for a good time

I have been alcohol free for 76.98 days I downloaded the app and stopped drinking on New Year’s Eve. While all my friends were tearing it up I decided tonring in the new year sober. I have been doing fine I never drank daily or even weekly sometimes weeks between binges but when I got with friends I would over indulge. I have been feeling fine about not drinking until the last week. It was spri g break and I moved oit of state before my sobriety journey and now I am lonely and seriously depressed and I just crave getting fucked up! :persevere: been having dreams of partying and I wake up disappointed bc I know I don’t want to but I am eating like shit and feelin like shit and have NO motivations

1 Like

Thank you. I enjoy meditation regularly. I moved away from my hometown and all my friends good and bad influences 10 months ago and am living 1000 miles away from home with no friends. I have family but its not the same as friends. I am a married mom of 2 and having that time away from kids husbands pets and responsibility was a release for me. Now I am basically home bound 24/7 bc Idk anyone to go do anything with even just have lunch. I am not a religious person but feel that I am deeply spiritual so am thinking of embarking on a church to help meet people but thats proven difficult in the past bc I dont like endulging in religious traditions that church goers often try to push on you

Might help to redefine what a “good time” is. Plenty of ways to meet people and socialize, without drinking. Go get a bicycle ask the local shop if they have a shop ride. Google for cycling groups in your area. Join a bowling league or a softball team. Take a ballroom dance class, or pottery class. Take martial arts. Join a gym that has a pickup basketball game. If you are a person of faith, join a bible study. Go hiking. When’s the last time you rollerskated. Go to the local driving range a whack a couple buckets.

The point being, expand your horizons. There are sober people everywhere, living fulfilling sober lives. You are only limited by your imagination, and your willingness to try new things.

6 Likes

I love rollerskating we did that alot on weekends back home but there is NO RINK HERE isnt that ridiculous?! :rofl::joy::rofl:but I think I will take up the bicycle advice, I have a tricycle with a basket on back and can use the exercise. Its just hard to meet people for me. New people. I have soca anxiety and that’s partly why I drank in social situations bc it was less awkward and stressful for me. The feeling that come with socializing make me want to drink them away.