"Just a Glass"

Thought I could go out with some friends from work and have a glass of chilled white wine. Well that 1 glass turned into 2 bottles of wine and 2 beers. I barely remember anything from last night, feel like crap today and am so anxious right now. My husband told me i was just rambling on and on and couldn’t figure out what I was trying to say.
Just a bad reminder why I can never have “just one.” I have zero self control with alcohol, wine specifically.
I’m so angry with myself right now.

5 Likes

Take it as a lesson. You “experimented” with the “just one” like all of us have and realized it doesn’t work. Get back up and do this thing. Don’t punish yourself anymore… you deserve better. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@jchavez3 it doesn’t sound like anything really bad happened, so there is something positive here. You sound like you learned quite a bit too. The booze always tries to convince you that a little is Okay and that you can handle it, all lies. Brush yourself off, and get back to your sobriety.

1 Like

I can feel your frustration! But hey, at least now you know having just one is not an option for you anymore, so whenever down the recovery line your addict brain tries to sell you the idea of moderation again, you can tell it to shut the f up without much regret. You got this!

2 Likes

Thankfully no, nothing bad happened. Just hating the anxiousness I’m feeling right now. And the hangover.
It was totally not worth it.

I’m sorry to hear you’re suffering today. Hangovers SUCK! Thank you for sharing your experience though, it really is helpful to be reminde that ‘just one’ can’t be done. By sharing this you help give us strength.

I hope you are feeling much better!! Here’s to many sober days ahead of you :muscle:

1 Like