Just a thank you 😊

Well just wanted to say thank you! Pretty much done with withdrawals and without God and this app ( I don’t go to AA) I wouldn’t have made it thru. Reading thru all of your accomplishments and stories, and the prayers and thoughts that made me feel I wasn’t alone, I actually WANT to be sober again. I forgot what it feels like! I’m so much nicer and happier. But I’m thankful for TODAY
4days and 16 hours sober. Thankful for all of you and praying for all of you on your journey :heart:
Have a good afternoon :smiley:

27 Likes

The first 3 days are the VERY WORST!
If you can get through 3, you’ve made the big breakthrough.
Just remember, take it one day at a time and never have that first drink.
Once you’ve got through the niggling remains of the physical dependancy, you’ll hit into the mental side - that voice with the loudhailer, telling you everything’s fine, just a blip, just weekends will be ok, just evenings, after work… all of the bs. The ONLY way through that is rewiring your brain over the course of time with new habits, hobbies, friends. After a while the loudhailer becomes a whisper and you’ll start to remember what life was like before the prison you locked yourself away in. You’ll remember being yourself again!
It’s worth fighting for @Coco409.

7 Likes

Keep it up!

1 Like

Hey @Coco409 glad you’re staying strong, this place saved my life. Keep checking in and adding new experiences to your new sober life, withdrawal sucks the life out of you, then you start to get stronger, keep building on where you are and beware of complacency, that’s the biggest challenge I had to overcome, I still have to remind myself I was that bad and my last hangover and withdrawal was horrific and it’s definitely not worth repeating, and more importantly if I ever was foolish enough to drink again I might not be lucky enough to get another chance of getting sober again as it would likely end up much worse.

Be grateful for giving yourself this chance.

4 Likes

Keep getting better at getting better, each and every day. Better today than you were yesterday, and tomorrow better still!

5 Likes

Yes!!! ty so much ! Have a great day!

Enjoy that pink cloud! You’ve earned it :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for this.

I’m 30 minutes away from 3 days and my lord the cravings!

Going to a sober friend’s house now. Don’t think I should be alone.

2 Likes

Great idea. Keep busy - don’t sit back and allow yourself to get fooled into thinking you can’t do this!

2 Likes

Harness that positivity

1 Like

Hang in there one day at a time just for today. Get to aa if you can.

Made it to midnight. Back home and going to sleep. 3days 5hours. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great going - the worst 3 are over! Now you’ve got to keep yourself occupied because the mind tricks are going to kick in the minute you start feeling ok physically. How’s about that well-deserved clear out of your apartment/house/garage? Starting to jog? Join the gym? A half day hike, join your local AA?
If you’re still feeling rough, have you thought of the vitamins you’ll need - the ones the alcohol’s been depleting your body of. Pick up a book, go to the cinema!
Just don’t lie in bed or on the couch, thinking about booze, or how difficult giving up is!

1 Like

Thank you but what’s a pink cloud lol

Awesome! Proud of you!

I’m in a tiny town where everybody knows your name, and your life history. That’s why I don’t go to aa. Too many people I drank and used with. I know they have changed but I just don’t feel comfortable :cry:

Principals over personalitys

Watch this video.
It can help you in your recovery further on.
Knowing that times will get heavier in recovery.
Gets you prepared.

Good luck!!!