Just About Replace

How often do you think about your relapse?
How do you shake it off?

never had one so far but ,dont make the same judgment again i suppose they happen but just get on with life wish you well

1 Like

Try to take it one day at a time and think about what caused the relapse to try and avoid it in the future.

1 Like

Dont do it. Its not worth it. I sat in a car with a bottle for 3 hours and then drank. I havent been able to come back from it, dont do it.

1 Like

I think about it a lot in the sense I’m always thinking about/doing things to prevent one.
Im in early recovery so have relapse dreams almost every night too which doesn’t help either…

The thought i might scares me, but i figure its good to have a fear of it. Its a healthy fear, isnt it normal to be afraid of something that wants to kill you? I let the fear drive me to do things my illness tells me i dont need to do. Like going to meetings, talking/reading about it, working the steps with my sponsor, etc. As they say, if you’re not working on your recovery you’re working on a relapse.

2 Likes

I only think about it when i am figuring out what i need to learn from it. Every relapse gives us good insight into what went wrong. I figure out what i need to add or subtract from my life so that it never happens again :slight_smile:

4 Likes