Just checkin’ in!

Congrats on 9 days!! If you like checking in everyday, check out our daily check in thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations!! I’m on Day 30, it feels amazing! Keep on going, you’ve got this!

2 Likes

I’m at the end of Day 10 now, checking in. I felt so positive today but now I’m thinking about going on holiday and not being able to drink with my husband or not drinking at Christmas and I’ve started craving!!! Argh!!! Still, made it to double figures so it’s a win!

1 Like

What would be the benefits of that? It doesn’t sound like it ever ends well.

You spoke about Christmas problems before:

Why would you want to be humiliated and horrified again?

Our addiction tells us things will be different but they never are.

Why not make some new traditions? They’re fun and there’s no shame and no hangover and no risk of hurting yourself, your husband, or your friendships.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. You are absolutely right. How is it so easy to forget the bad when the cravings are strong?! I needed to see my past post. I do NOT want to feel like that ever again. I never want to worry my husband or treat him badly. I want to remember all the good the holidays bring. And I want to make new traditions :heart:

2 Likes

Sassy has a good list she keeps on her phone to remind her why she chooses to stay present and clear (sober) - scroll down to the bullet points & you’ll see it.

You can make a list like this for yourself - I’m sure you can find a few things in just the last few days that are nice about being clearheaded!

Day Eleven! :star_struck: Happy Tuesday!

4 Likes

:raised_hands: :+1: :star_struck:

Good work!

On day 2 feel strangely anxious do not like this one bit

1 Like

844 days have passed since my last drink

3 Likes

Day 4 complete, thank God, Today was a very productive day hopefully it was the sameness for everyone.

3 Likes

Day 5 of being sober, hope everyone has a loveley day.

3 Likes

Day 12 under my belt. Is anyone else having bizarre dreams? Happy Thursday!

3 Likes

You can do this. Keep strong.

Congratulations I’m proud of you :clap: prayers your way keep up the good work.im on day 22 off weed alcohol and cigarettes and yes I’m having bizarre dreams.there so real I wake up wondering if it really happened.the dreams aren’t scary just so real and vivid

1 Like

For daily check ins, please join this thread:

Day 5 of being sober complete, I can’t lie it’s been so hot today, I’m so tired of this weather. Anyways, have a lovely night

1 Like

Awesome Gracie! Share with everyone here - it is a great place where everyone checks in:

Day 6 of being sober,just checking in, have a blessed and successful day everyone.

1 Like

We’ll done!!! Let’s keep going, we can do this!

1 Like