Just fell off...Day 63 or 64

Ugh. No excuses. I let myself lead myself into temptation. Wasn’t a binge, but the forgetfulness, lack of eating, feeling shitty in the am reminded me why drinking gets old and feeling good for those sober, clear, fresh days were good ones. So I reset.

Been doing yoga, a plank app…steaming at the gym…and I did none of it the day after I drank. I missed MY time. So I’m back on and plan on doing better next time.
I’m learning to appreciate the gym b/c no one can bug you there…be it stretching, sitting in a spa, picking up heavy things, shooting hoop…it’s SOLO time. It has helped me learn a new distraction. A win-win.

Thank, y’all, for listening to my confession. I tested myself and failed, so I reset. I’m not staying in that old place. Hugs, peeps!

17 Likes

You back and your will be stronger this time round .it’s ok now just move forward with pride that you didn’t decide to stay in the maddness.x

2 Likes

That’s a great attitude to have! Keep on putting in the work! I would get so down on myself when I would slip up then my brother (who’s a normie and doesn’t understand the disease) said to me, “there’s no fucking rules! You didn’t do anything wrong! You just slipped up!” My attitude changed at that point and I tried with more focus and conviction. It was having a positive attitude that was a big game changer for me. :pray: Winners dust themselves off and keep going no matter how many times they fall.

2 Likes

bummer… back in the saddle babe! but does sound like you have a plan. and one you enjoy. so no white knuggling it through

2 Likes

So pleased your here owning your slip.up . Honesty keeps us going to get the help we need . R u doing any meetings? They really help me keep on track x

3 Likes

Pick yourself up and keep going.

This is from a previous post of yours:

I drive around and if I’m hungry I think I can stop in for an appetizer and glass of wine (or more), or when I go to the store, I’ll throw in a 12er of IPA. Or drop by my Veteran friend’s house and drink a few beers with him. Then I found this app.
I have not used it to find a meeting yet, but even KNOWING I have it, and when I stop and look at it when I’m out struggling and obsessing over a drink, it resets my mind. I can go to a meeting or a drink. Ultimately, I end up doing neither, but I haven’t touched a drink in 2-weeks.

You said above you can go to a meeting or drink, maybe try a meeting?
I tried doing it on my own and lasted 58 days, with other sober friends to talk to and get support from I’m at 315 :+1:

2 Likes

So glad to hear this! Get back at it and learn from this experience. No judgment here. We’re all on our own paths. You hit a bump. It doesn’t have to derail you. Cheering you on @Joules!

1 Like

What I always ask people after a relapse is Did you think something would be different this time??
It took me a while to figure out that There was no more “normal” drinking for me. So this is why now I ask these questions of people.

Best wishes pal.
Glad you’re back

2 Likes

I needed to hear that Gabe. Tricky mind games, lol

2 Likes

Oh what courage to come back. So glad you’re back and that your still learning. I keep wondering what I would do if I slip up or relapse. Would I have the courage to come back here like you or just slink away in shame. It’s nice to see everyone encouraging you as you must feel a little let down by your actions. Anyway. I’m glad your willing to start over and your an inspiration to me that if I do slip or relapse I can still come back here and hopefully get the support you are still getting.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Just checking in. Thank you all for the awesome, helpful, non-judgy words. I tested myself. I went in with the plan of having ONE beer. :roll_eyes: I know. But I had two, so I hit reset. What stopped me from.going further was my friend that knows what working on. She and I used to party decades ago, before kids. She and I had ONE beer. Then I had a 2nd, she didn’t, and I’ve not touched a drop since and it’s been fine.
So, STILL no hangover, but a 2-beer fail b/c I would’ve gone further. It’s your people that help even though it’s our issue. :heart::pray:t3:
Thank you all!

5 Likes

I’m late seeing this @Joules but just want to encourage you to press on. You’re human. Learn from the experience and move on. It’s just a bump in the road to recovery. :slight_smile:

1 Like