Just felt like sharing

It’s my first night time without using so far so good . I just felt like checking in .I’m really new here and since being on this app I love it. keeps my mind busy. So I’m starting fresh here and really just appreciate, having someone to just vent to, open up with and share the good and the bad. I’m not sure if I’m doing this right – however expressing how I’m feeling at this current moment is keeping me sober drug free . My body and mind is really tired yet being a previous drug user ( yes I’m claiming it ) I don’t sleep at night eventually everything just shuts down and my eyes open and I’m like wow I was sleep. Looking forward to actually going to sleep one day soon . Thanks for being here :blush:

13 Likes

Welcome!

I really enjoy having a place to check in also. I hope this continues to be a positive change for you.

Hang in there!

1 Like

Welcome here! 🙋
It takes a while before your sleep is back to normal again. But keep pushing trough because it’s worth the work!
I hope to see you around often, it helps to be here much. I’m here myself since my day 1 and here every day. Sober from alcohol 596 days today.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, we got your back now all you’ve gotta do is keep moving forward. Wishing you well on your journey.

Thank you for being here and sharing your story with us strangers. Vent all you want whatever helps you out to stay sober hey i’m with that we are all different. Stay safe and sober.

Today was pretty good. Staying in the house staying away from people places and and things. Just always feeling frustrated can’t wait till that passes. Otherwise looking forward to a peaceful evening of chocolate chip cookies an old time TV

I got a giggle out of this - first, I can relate to wicked fear of insomnia when I was drinking. I felt like I couldn’t sleep without a load on, and a good one.

But now, some time later, I sleep like a baby and I enjoy my healthful rest. I just don’t get enough of it some days - sitting by the fire, reading or just passing the time with a game and then boom! Oh, how long was I asleep? Usually just minutes, and it is a sign that I need more rest at night. Which is where I’m headed now. Blessings on your house as you begin your journey of sobriety :pray:, and see, you’ve already made someone’s day better!

2 Likes

Welcome. I’m new here as well. 3 almost 4 days sober tomorrow. Im enjoying it on this app, and keeping busy with big book reading, and online schooling which I will be finishing up with by next week for the summer, and I’m busy running around trying to figure out what my children are doing from one minute to the next. Most importantly I’ve been doing me! I’ve been making the time to see what I need to make myself happy and what I need to make myself healthy. Because without me, the whole house would have in, and that is not a lie. I’m a glad you have joined us, take it one day at a time, work on you and getting to know yourself. The sober you.

I really needed to hear that --thank you so much for taking the time to share.

Nice day so far. Yo know without using you feel every pain at least I do. Its hard walking pass the dealers and not using. Fact is I don’t want to use happy I was able to just go to the store and come back and talk to you guys and girls :blush:. Bought to eat dinner with my family. I remember not eating at all. Thanks for being here.

Had to reset in order to remain honest with myself I currently now have 36hrs. It felt good to see like wow I have 24 hours of my own accord last night. Not much more to say just smiling

1 Like

Every hour is a victory!

Day 1 in the books… really trying make it stick this time. I’ve hit that reset button too much.

It’s a good morning yet I feel exhausted. Guess my body was use to speeding do to my past drug use of crack. Haven’t been on here in a couple days. thinking I’m going through the change cause I’m sweating all the time. At any rate things are good can’t wait till the drug thoughts go away still not interested in using.