Just found out some sad news

My cousin who also is in sobriety called me crying that his sponsor passed away. This hit me hard for my sponsor is the same age as his. I don’t know what I would do without my sponsor he’s one of the best things that has ever happened to me! I called my sponsor and told him I loved him!

How’s y’alls relationship with y’alls sponsors or sponsees?

1 Like

That’s so heartbreaking. Was it due to a relapse?

I don’t have a sponsor but I do have a mentor and he has completely changed my life. He helped me find my passion in life and is helping me pursue it. He has helped me in a way that I can’t explain and I am forever grateful for him.

1 Like

my sponsor passed away a couple years ago now he was my sponsor and friend for 30 years i loved him dearly , i sponsor today but none of my guys have told me they love me sometimes the opposite lol

1 Like

My sponsor is actually younger than me (has over 7 years clean though) so hopefully I don’t have to worry about this. I’ve lost 3 friends in the last three weeks and it’s taking it’s toll. At least I have the memory that Frank died 13 years clean and did more for NA and the newcomer in this area than most people do in 30 years. He lived the program in all areas of his life.

2 Likes

Sad, brother. Try to keep in mind that life is a cycle. And we are all legacy to each other. Always give the best of yourself. That’s the way to honor all those who have passed through our lives.
We are with u! :muscle:

1 Like

No he died from a stroke and that’s awesome I had a few mentors growing up that changed my life as well.