Just got home from detox

I came home in April from a residential treatment facility for an eating disorder. I was good for 2 weeks. Then I transferred my eating disorder behaviors to alcohol. And I drank every day since. About 6 weeks, with it increasing daily. Last Thursday I had a therapy session and I was so shaky from withdrawals bc I hadn’t yet drank that day, she called an ambulance and sent me to hospital detox. I came home last night. The Dr put me on campral. I am still having a lot of cravings. I got rid of all our alcohol last night, my husband was mad- said he was going to bring it to his moms. I would have drank it before then. I’d like to try AS. I’m also hoping I can find some support here. Good luck to everyone here!

5 Likes

@Melgag21, thanks for sharing. Such a sad story. But you got this. This is a great place to find support. Just focus on today. Stay plugged in, and choose a better life today. You can do this!

Welcome @Melgag21. This is a great place to find support and info. I’m sorry your husband got mad but good for you for removing it before you drank it. Keep taking it a day at a time. Stay strong. You are so worth a sober life!