Just hit my 30-day mark two hours ago!

Today marks 30 days since my last drink! I’m happy about it, and it honestly hasn’t been that hard. There have been some moments where I feel a little bored, or down about the prospect of not drinking ever, but I just try to remind myself that every time I’ve gone back to it before, thinking “this time I’ll be responsible about it,” it never stays that way. And mostly I’ve felt great waking up every day feeling well-rested and healthy, and not going through my days with anxiety or being nagged by the constant thought of when can I get to my next drink, and it’s really wonderful not to be trapped in that mindset anymore.

57 Likes

Hi! Congratulations on 30 days!!! That’s awesome work. What has been the biggest change that you have noticed? My sleep got a lot better around the 30 day milestone. Hope you have a lovely day! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Yyyaaayyy good job!!! Keep up the good work!!

1 Like

Well done. That’s an amazing achievement. I think reminding yourself as to why you are doing this is a great idea. I keep that in mind even on the days when it feels easier. Well done :partying_face:

1 Like

Congrats :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Your post mirrors my feelings on 30 days almost exactly. Love it. Keep going. It just gets better and better. :boom::muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Congrats :blush: the first 30 days can be the hardest for many people! I certainly found it unbearable on multiple occasions before it stuck. Just remember to stay vigilant - there will undoubtedly be times to come where the urge to drink will be overwhelming. Those are the days where you get to prove just how badass you really are :muscle:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 30 days!!!

1 Like

Biggest change is pretty much what I mentioned – not going through every day plagued by an inescapable thought of when I can get done with the day in order to get home and have a drink! It’s good not to feel controlled by that, and not have weird effects of withdrawal anxiety!

5 Likes

@Josh6, great job man! We are on the exact same sober timeline. 31 days this morning.

1 Like

Good job keep up the good work

Congratulations! You are amazing! The first 30 days can be the most difficult and you made it!

Way to go!

That’s it right there. You are no longer trapped and now you can start to become the person you really want to be. That first 30 days is huge! Way to go!

Bye for now…

Wow that’s amazing and everything you said I feel the same way! It definitely feel ls great waking up each day knowing you haven’t had a drink and just want to keep going. Definitely happy for you congrats!!

2 Likes

Boy isn’t that the truth!!!..unbearable life planning on what time the liquor store opens. Congrats!! Thats huge!!

1 Like

Congratulations! I’m on day 23. It’s not too hard at home but I haven’t figured out how to socialize. I just flake or avoid it. That can’t last forever. I’m worried my friends won’t want to hang out if I don’t drink. Any tips?

3 Likes

If they are true friends they will accept and support you. If not, they aren’t worth your concern.

4 Likes

Freedom!! It’s one of my favorite things about sobriety, not being trapped by alcohol—drinking, thinking about drinking, being hungover, feeling guilty…and repeat over and over.
Congratulations on 30 days, that’s huge! Keep going, one day at a time, it gets better and better!

3 Likes

Congrats on 30 days!

1 Like