Just joined - first day of the rest of my life

Hi, Everyone.

I just took what I hope is the first step towards ending my drinking. It is a beautiful morning and my amazing daughter showed me love like she does every day.

I’m 54 and want to be around to enjoy grandkids someday (hopefully). I can do this!

Night times are my worst times of day for craving wine, and mornings are filled with regret.

I love reading everyone’s stories! Thank you for your honesty and inspiration.

I am ten minutes into this journey. Here it goes!

8 Likes

Welcome to our dysfunctional family!

Just for today make 10 minutes into 20. Do this for the rest of the day, especially tonight. Or, tonight, make 1 minute into 2. I had to do this for a long time, but it worked incredibly well.

While you’re going from one minute to the next have a good read around. I’m sure you’ve read a bit already, but don’t stop reading. Especially tonight.

Hope to see you around!

5 Likes

Welcome! I couldn’t have started my sobriety journey without the great community here. I recommend exactly what @Meggers said and just take it one moment at a time, don’t look to far ahead in terms of sobriety or it becomes too stressful. One day at a time.

Glad you’re here!

3 Likes

44 years old here and fighting hard, I encourage you to never give up. It is the only hope I have. If I loose hope in a future change I will be completely down.
Welcome to this beautiful family

1 Like

Welcome to the best decision you’ve ever made.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Meggers. I plan on re-reading your note in the evening!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like