Just let go?

Hi guys , this is my first time writing smthn like this. I’m 20 , ive been smoking pot for 6 years now. I know that some people may find weed easy to let go , but ive found myself abusing without the ability to control how much i take. Sometimes I would smoke even 4 times a day. I know that starting so early is bad but well it is what it is. Ive had a month when i didnt smoke ( a relationship) but its basically me smoking everyday for the past years. I love smoking weed its one of my favorite things to do but i dont want my life controlled by it. That was just the intro :smiley: i dont really feel like it has an affect on me anymore and its more like liability , everytime im sober for the day i get stoned and i dont feel much of a difference in the way that I perceive. Its more of a habit really , a habit that i enjoyed but i overlooked a LOT. I feel like i havent been really in touch with my most inner self because i was always smoking my brains out making myself numb. I feel like I’ve let go of too many things just because i was a demotivated stoned person. Its been one day since i didnt smoke , and i probably will today which is kinda funny and kinda sad because i know that its no use. I dont even know what i wanted to say . Ive always easily fell into depression and axiety and weed was there for me but maybe thats not how it shouldve been. Im sorry for the huge post but theres just so much on my mind. Im unemployed , kind of crushing on a guy who im supposed to just sleep with and it really made me think of how i cope with things in life. I dont wanna just let life pass me by , while im a slave to a fucking plant… If you got this far , thank you. If youve been in this spot and feel like sharing please do , have a nice day everyone:)

4 Likes

I’m 40 days sober from pot & on day 220 from alcohol, it looks like you’ve got the knowledge in you for what you want-now you just need to go after it! :slight_smile: The brain works WAY better and life is so much different and better sober! So does getting in touch with your innerself. Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi :slight_smile: I’m also wanting to quit smoking. I’ve cut down a lot since May because new relationship with a non-smoker but when we aren’t together I struggle to not smoke, and frequently give in. Today is my new sober starting day. I’ve had a lot of them in the last 5 months/5 years, but I am here because I need to do this, and I’m looking in this forum for people going through similar stuff so we can support each other. You’ve made a really strong decision joining and posting here, you can do it!

1 Like

Hey there! I know this reply is a little late, I hope your still around. There are a lot of people trying to quit weed around. Use the search feature to look up threads and connect with others.

Most people won’t consider weed easier than other drugs to quit. We are all here for the same reasons. There are different paths, but the struggle is the same in the end. So stick around and make some friends!

1 Like

Hey there ! I kind of slipped off … when im alone i also struggle and that happened today. I had some at my hand and i couldnt resist , well I guess there’s never too late to start over haha. Feel free to write here whenever , I’ll be more than happy :slight_smile:

I’ve found the same, it’s hardest when you’re alone and immeasurably hard when you have access. I’m moving house soon which will be really helpful as it takes me away from easy access. I recommend deleting numbers/doing what you can to distance yourself. Also exploring new activities. It’s okay if you don’t get it right right away but don’t give up on giving up <3