Just made my first week sober!

Hey there! Today I achieved my first week sober from weed and I don’t really know how I feel so I’m going to share a little bit of my story… when all of this started I had good times and always philosophized with my smoking fellows, I really was learning about something everytime I did it and felt like I was growing every day a little bit more into the person I wanted to be. After a long time doing it every day nonstop I started to realize that non of that learning was still there. I had been doing it without reason and for sport. Increasing the amount of joints a day and spending a lot of money in more things that I didn’t need just to sit in my couch and do nothing. I also became aware of my every day talk with my friends (whom I see very often) smokers and non smokers and there wasn’t a day that didn’t go into that subject somehow. I stopped doing stuff I normally did in my daily life and start prioritising that.

The point is I realized that the thing that I always saw as something harmless and actually good for myself had brought me down more than I wanted to admit.

Thats were I started to lower the dose. The thing is that I was already to deep in this. And so it wasn’t that easy to quit. A week ago, I saw some of my dudes losing themselves just to smoke and smoke and smoke some more and I thought “I really don’t want this for my life” I want to fill myself with experiences and moments and I want to feel good because of the things I made for myself. If weed was going to be in my life I wanted it to be an extra not the main subject.

So it’s been a week and a day now and I don’t know… I guess that I’m proud of myself. But to be honest it’s hard to be surrounded by consumers and not do it (yeah, my roommates are) so I’ll be trying to get out more and start doing things that actually satisfy me instead of conforming me with the “fake satisfaction” that weed gave me.

That’s kind of my story hehe thanks for listening!

13 Likes

Congratulations and welcome.

Well while your still guessing let me tell you that I know I’m proud of you, 86 days for me and I know what strength you have to do a week, it’s very difficult when it’s all around you bc my Mrs used to still smoke in front of me but we have made our own choice and it’s the right one so stick with it. She’s know on 26 days herself so we’re all doing great aren’t we, well done.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome here! 🙋
Congratulations with your first week. You can use the :mag: bar above to find more treads about weed addiction and recovery.
Hope to see you around often, it helps to be here much!!

1 Like

Hey! :slight_smile:
I can totally relate, weed is my DOC also. I’m not surrounded by consumers though so it might seem easier for me… but actually, since I was using from the moment I woke up til I got to bed, and always alone, it’s pretty hard.
Gotta find things to occupy myself +++++ tostop thinking about it!
How’s your detox going? I’m on day 4, sweating like a pig, feeling nauseated and things seem blurry!

Give us news!

Well hello again… it’s been a looong week. With all the stuff that’s happening in the world I had to reset my counter. A program that I was in was cancelled and I just said fuck it I’m gonna smoke today… thankfully I didn’t appear to like it. It wasn’t satisfying at all. Just made things worst. The sadness that I was feeling increased instead of going down. And being indica how it is I was knocked out on my bed for a good time. It wasn’t nice, so when people asked me how was it smoking after all those days clean I said: I didn’t like it, and I’m restarting again

I was 14 days clean and feeling good but I threw that to the garbage for bad news. Now I’m 4 days clean again and feeling good about it!

And about your sweating… my solution for anxiety is drinking a lot of water and eating sugar, like a chocolate bar or some cookies, that helps. How is your detox going btw?

2 Likes

Hey M!
Well looks like we were feeling the same way. I’m back to day 1…
And you know what, I didn’t have the same satisfaction also! Felt more down and depressed more rapidly then I thought. I even smoked the last one thinking, “Why am I doing that?”

1 Like

Congratulations. You’re doing great!