Just need to vent

So I’m hanging in there with my sobriety, have had a few setbacks in the last month but still hanging on. I’ve even gotten back into go to church which I have found immensely helpful. However my husband is just rubbing me raw today… I posted awhile back a bit how he’s decide not to do this with me, and I’m okay with that, it’s his decision and I can’t force him to do anything he doesn’t want to do. But for 3 days now he hasn’t done anything but pout, be hateful, and stay in bed, all because he doesn’t have his weed. He won’t help with the pets or around the house and I work a 50 hour a week job. He started a fight the other day over breakfast biscuits! (yes, you read that right, breakfast biscuits…because I didnt buy any at the grocery store… Ridiculous right?)

I’m trying to be understanding because I know the first few days without drugs is rough, but part of me wants to slap the crap out of him and tell him to get over himself!

Not really looking for advice, just needing to vent. Don’t really have a lot of friends (okay well I don’t have any now that I’m sober but hey that’s a alright!) and i don’t really want to air my dirty laundry to coworkers ya know. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.
(edited for stupid auto correct on my phone.)

6 Likes

Vent away pal!

1 Like

Get it off your chest! Absolutely nothing good comes from holding onto it.

I’d be like screw it, if your acting like that I don’t want to be around you. I would just go somewhere to have my own thoughts and reflect on myself.

Don’t let’em get under your skin!

Your husband sounds like me on a bad day!

Exactly what I did, I’m out paying bills and shopping now. He was suppose to go with me but because I moved the list off his table and to my wallet last night, this somehow said I didn’t want him to go with me. So he went back to bed pouting and I’m out enjoying a beautiful fall day (and sober no doubt!) too bad he’s missing out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like you need a new ob? Like how the crap did they make it out of med school if you can’t do what I would consider to be the simplest part of their job?

And update on the asshole husband… One of his friends came by a couple of hours ago with a “treat” and now all is just peachy keen. Acting like the last 3 days never happened. I swear I think that pisses me off worse than him acting the way he was this morning… Not to mention his friend brought his kid… Who’s climbed all over my couch, hit me, my dog and threw a toy and knocked my stuff off the wall, but they’re too busy getting fucked up to like I dunno, MAKE YOUR KID BEHAVE IN SOMEONE ELSE’S HOME!

Ugh this day is trying my patience, but I did however not partake in the goodies, so yay me! (also edited again for predictive txt on the phone… The phone is not as smart as it thinks it is lol)

That’s definitely about all I can say for today lol. Getting ready to clock in at work with a bunch of asshole who don’t like me for 8 hours or so.

But I’m sober, and I’m looking forward to church in the morning, and thats all I care about right now :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for letting me whine today, means heeps to me on days like today.

3 Likes

35 minutes left to complete my first clean week. I’m so excited. I can’t even sleep

4 Likes