Just please consider, before relapsing

This last one was particularly harrowing. I ended up getting arrested and furthermore charged. I injured myself quite badly. I woke up once in the Police cells, twice in the ER. My family disowned me. I didn’t eat food for 4 days. I never drank water for 4 days. I almost got stabbed in the neck during a confrontation. I might get kicked out of my flat.

Why would anyone choose to live this this?

Just think again…

14 Likes

Sorry to hear about your arrest and your trip to the ER, but Shit happens man, don’t beat yourself up over it, it’ll just make it worst. Best thing you can do now is pick yourself up, learn from your mistakes, and hop back on the sober train. Keep your head up, I know it’s easier said than done, but you got this.

2 Likes

Sounds really tough. I hope ur family can move past it, and u can stay in your flat. True, we never know how bad a relapse will go.

3 Likes

Don’t comment if you say stuff like :shit happens '. It shouldn’t happen at all… I’m just hoping to make someone think twice.

Very unhelpful comment.

2 Likes

I think that’s rude to say to someone who is trying to be helpful. Of course they don’t know you or know what you’ve been through but they are here to be supportive.

8 Likes

@Erwin Thank you for trying to offer support here. Maybe sometimes it’s not the right support or suggestions and it’s okay.

5 Likes

Shit doesn’t happen though. I just said it’s unhelpful and it’s not.

1 Like

You’re right. And I’m wrong. But the message he was trying to send is beneficial. We sometimes get stuck in platitudes. I’m glad you’re back and hope you’re okay or working on being okay.

2 Likes

Look, I’m 15 days from being homeless. Shit just doesn’t happen. We all cause this

2 Likes

It sounds like you are angry. Circumstances from relapsing can do that. I’m sure emotions are heightened right now. Maybe you can post some suggestions for help from others. Trying to assist others is admirable but it sounds like we need to be helping you right now.

5 Likes

We didn’t do this Mike. You did. That being said a lot of us understand what you are going through because we have gone through it ourselves. You can have freedom from all this and if you truly know this why did you decide you could drink again and not suffer any consequences from it? We care and want everyone to have happiness and sobriety but that is up to you just like mine is up to me. I had to surrender to this disease

7 Likes

You’re right 100%. Both of my relapses led to me being homeless. It wasn’t something kid happened. It happened because I wasn’t active in my recovery. It happened because I thought I could outsmart my disease. It happened because I made the decision to pick up. Shit didn’t just happen. I caused my own shit.

4 Likes

I am on the streets 14days end of.

This is happen when you relapse. Learn from this people.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the message. I honestly appreciate it as a warning. I hope you’re taking care of yourself as well as possible.

2 Likes

I’ve had my share of sad relapses. And I thank you for the warning. But I hope there’s something that TS can help you with as well. Whether it be recommendations with housing in your area or sobriety tools, I’m hoping there can be some suggestions for you.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

I’m assuming you’re being evicted under a Section 8.

Read this page carefully, then call your local Citizens Advice to discuss your specific situation. At the very least, you might be able to get a bit more time from the courts to find somewhere else to live. Actually getting someone evicted in the UK is not as easy as some landlords would like it to be.

I really hope this helps.

3 Likes

Look mate ur goin mad at someone for say shit happens ur goin get kick out of ur flat in 15 days so all I can say is don’t be have in a go at some cose they said shit happens cose shit does happen but we r the makes of the shit an stop sit there with a big bag of self pitty mate we have all been there I should be dead with the stuff that’s happen to me wen I was coket up mate an ten days clean an am getin there so all I can say is u have got 15 days to get urself some were to live 15 days to get your head in gear mate so stop sitin there feeling sorry for urself u have only got urself to blame like we all have I only most lost my wife an kids so make today the day u get out of the self pitty hole an get hold of life with both hands an this time enjoy the ride an get ur life bk in order my frend we r all here to help an sometimes u mite not like Wat u read but read it deep an u will see that every one is goin frw Wat u r but we r owning up to it that it’s r fault so come on mate head up an make today ur day pal

4 Likes

Thank you @Mike2412 for your share and this thread. I bookmarked it and set a repeating reminder for me. Strong words and pictures for my mind. Thanks all!

1 Like

So you relapsed and you have a consequence of your action… You seem to be okay and comfortable on projecting this is what happens when you relapse but what are you doing to prevent this from happening again, we all have had curve balls put in our way because addiction brings trouble sometimes subtlely, sometimes a shit load of trouble and for others death…

We can sit here and harp on about the consequences of a relapse or we can put our adult pants on, accept that your an addict and fight for change, its not fucking easy and for some of us we have to hit the utter bottom to even decide to put our toes in the land of sobriety/recovery…

I have many sceneries of where my drug abuse has taken me do I let it be my definition of my life not anymore nor do I let the curveballs that have been spinning in my life be the excuse why I picked up… Recovery isn’t easy and you have to want it…

So your homeless in 15days what’s your next move, pick up and let yourself not deal with the shit that has happened or actually make a plan in early sobriety to not use your old coping ways as where has it led you, find a new way and learn recovery is possible

6 Likes

Wishing you luck, my friend.

2 Likes