Just Received Disturbing News

Had a diagnostic mammogram before Christmas. They found a few places but didn’t want to make a determination until they got all scans from previous yearly check ups. Doesn’t help when I move around so much. So they requested scans from a few different states. They just called me back and said they review all 4 and that my past scans were clear which means things definitely changed. They want to do a biopsy asap. So, that just happend. For some reason I’m not fearful. I wasn’t at the first appointment either. Im not sure if I’m unaffected because I’m trusting God… Or shutting down feelings my feelings because they suck and they are uncomfortable(disconnect). Ive done it these last six months so I can make progress in my recovery while being separated from my kids.

16 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you’re dealing with this, though it sounds like with your sobriety you are clear headed. You’re doing everything you can do by staying sober, keeping doctors appointments and keeping yourself distanced from the stress response. I would say you are doing some amazing work today. Sending love and strength from Jersey :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I will most definitely not isolate. Thank you for your kind response. Im really ok :ok_hand: I need to process. Im just good at detaching. Putting things in a box on a shelf… theoretically.

1 Like

Thank you for your support @ELY83

1 Like

Sending big hugs your way :heart:

1 Like

It can be hard waiting for results and procedures, but it is good you are meeting head on, clear and sober. That’s a big win and attests to your strength. Sending lots of gentle hugs. :heart:

1 Like

I do look at it that way. No anticipation, why I’m not sure. I’ll simply deal with as it comes. I Have to drive 6 hours to have the procedure… but its in the same town as my kids so I will get to see them. There is a PLUS.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for this. Praying for you.

1 Like

My other half just went through that. So, any questions, just ask. Prayers and thoughts sent your way

1 Like

Big hugs, and let us know the results

1 Like

I agree trust God He is with you or are also with you sorry your going through this. Let us be there with you. Prayers headed your way!

2 Likes

I’m sorry Dear. I have confidence that everything will be alright. We are all here for you :heart:

1 Like

Thank You @Private50

Thank you Sis :blush: @Jane1

1 Like

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::blush::blush:

1 Like

I think you gals ssid that was SISTERS IN SOBRIETY??

2 Likes

Awesome! people are picking up on SIS (sisters in sobriety)
:grinning: @Private50 @Jane1 @littlemisschatterbox @SassyRocks

4 Likes

It was the name of an AA women’s meeting Inhad in Tennessee. Its always stuck. The woman there you the term frequently.

2 Likes

I didnt start that proofOfLife and Jane1 did that.

But that’s a good one also