Just saying hi

Hi everyone,

Just started this app today , I feel I just need to talk to people like minded and who don’t judge.
I can sometimes go a few days without a drink but almost always resort back to drinking every night .
I suffer from general anxiety so have used alcohol to get me through certain situations for over 15 years !!! , I’m currently trying to deal with my demons as alcohol always masked the problem . I’m going through CBT but with alcohol it’s pointless going to my bed early tonight so I won’t drink :laughing::laughing: sorry if I went on a bit … I’m new to forums and thanks for reading this , have a great day everyone :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome. You have joined a great place for help and support and certainly like minded! Good luck on going forward which is and will be an interesting ride.
Stay strong

Hi Will, welcome and glad you are deciding to make the break from the drink. Lots of people here that know what you are going through. Have a nice day.

Thanks , @NewFuture and @DBrush I just want to experience life and not rely on the numbness that alcohol brings , have a nice day and thanks for the support :slight_smile:

2 Likes