Just starting my path

I’m just starting my path. I’ve had many years improvement and stopped a lot of different drugs. I still struggle with some a last resort was alcohol which is still a struggle I hope you all can accept me im not perfect but I have to start somewhere

27 Likes

Welcome.
Pull up a chair and rest your feet. It’s generally a long journey to get here, and there is still some distance to cover… But you can do it!

10 Likes

Nobody is perfect! :wink:
Welcome here and stick around!
This app and the people in it are a great help if you use it.
If you need help, come here before picking up.

10 Likes

Hey…
Really do stick around this place has been the most non judgemental place ever!
People support here, people here push to see sobriety is the way!

7 Likes

Hello and welcome. Stick around, Im sure you have a lot to contribute!

3 Likes

Hi, welcome, it’s lovely to meet you. Welcome to the TS family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Hello, and welcome.
What’s perfect my friend? All we can hope for is progress in improving ourselves.
Stick around. You will learn so much.

3 Likes

Hey Jack…I’ve only been here a week or so, but its the most comfortable place I’ve been in the last 20 yrs. You’ve found the right place to move forward. No judgement, just acceptance.

4 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement guys it just popped in my head that there had to be some sort of online forum that you can express yourself and this is it a community

4 Likes

It’s it so :blush:… It’s changed my life for the better. I’m clean because of the people here. The last 6 months I credit to this forum and everyone here.

6 Likes

I believe it will be the same for me. I’ve not managed 6 days in 4 yrs, yet something here has me believing I can achieve anything possible.

2 Likes

when I get completely ready I will use this as a resource. its helpful to have people to talk to that aren’t friends or family that go thru the same struggle

1 Like

Welcome to Talking Sober my friend! You’re in a great place. The people here are second to none and it really is a big family that cares and is always supportive. If you want to reclaim your life, stick around… it IS possible! I wish you continued luck on your journey.

1 Like

thank you I appreciate that I want to put liquor away for good

2 Likes

Im just starting, again, today I also struggled with other drugs ,would replace one drug with a different one and that went on for years got clean and then alcohol became my drug of last resort. Today I start out again. I read what you said and felt like I wasn’t alone

2 Likes

its great I went to my first meeting and working really hard to convince myself that its time to give up everything

1 Like

that was me ive replaced all the other drugs from my past leaned on alcohol a long time and landed on opiods being the hardest thing to quit

Just failed again , back at square 1 for tbe umpteenth time, feeling really weak and without much hope right now

Definetly not a good thing but I keep setting myself these timelines like im gonna stop when this happens or this is my last one. Then when you use you go thru all this guilt like I said I was done but I relapsed. Ive beat so many drugs cold turkey or even relapsed on them for like 1 day and went right back to sobriety I know jts wrong but im jist like I didn’t hurt anyone my day was actually much better but when your trying to stop and those cravings are just calling your name because your dog tired it really just becomes a will power. I hope you are doing better.

1 Like

A little update on this thread 11 days clean off kf herione and pills it felt so good to not have withdrawals omg

1 Like