Just thinking out loud!

I’m 37 days or so sober. 14 years or so clean from meth. I’m a 47 year old single female and longs for a male companion. I am overweight from a 7+ years of heavy binge drinking 3 or so nights a week. 5’5 and weighed 187.6 yesterday :smirk: (that was my weight 37 days ago too)
I finally broke down and went to a weight doctor. 30 minutes after taking only half of the prescribed medication I feel like I’ve gone back in time 20 years. This feels exactly like meth. What in the damn world? I sit on my rump all day for work. I try to get up and move around, but I hear the beep of the next email and I’m right back on my rump. Emotionally exhausted by the end of the work day. What gives for some weight loss? I won’t lie, the thought of losing weight is a one of many driving forces that keeps me sober. I can’t even imagine the extra calories right now. I want to be more attractive. I want companionship. And as I type this I feel I’ve lost focus on everything. What’s happening?

Update on dude I met: yeah, he finally text. But, it’s gone stagnant. He’s childless 43 yr old, and I don’t think he has patience for those of us who have responsibilities outside ourselves. I’ll died alone, and that’s fine.

4 Likes

Time takes time. Just keep doing the next right thing. It will work out. Always does. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I wanted to answer earlier. It touches me what you write. I have had different eating disorders ending up drinking alcohol and relapsed on Ed three times in the last weeks. I can say that at least concerning me weight does not impact on me having a partner or not. I have never been overweight in my life but being a long time anorectic. In the end weight doesn’t really matter.

I flear that being afraid of calories will be enough to keep you sober. I hope while being with us you find more ‘whys’ and motivations to stay on track. Living in a healthier body, sober, working on your recovery may be also impacting your eating, moving, activity level.

Keep coming back! :sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m not going anywhere. This forum has saved my life. After pondering my post, it’s come to me that I’ve got too many goals right now. I need to narrow it down, or I will crash and burn trying to navigate too many things at once. Sobriety is my #1 goal. Like someone else said, everything else will follow.

3 Likes

I feel the whole weight issue…i got down to 108 during my using and im 5’11". Now im 152 and as i was putting on all the weight i was doing things like pushups, curls and situps every morning. Helped alot with my image and overall feeling/energy. It feels good to start everyday like that. I would suggest trying to do that if you can. Start slow if you have to… i started only being able to do 5 pushups before i physically couldnt do anymore, now i do 60 in about 90 seconds. Its hard to start the routine but after you do you wont wanna miss a day of it.

Hey Christine,

Glad your staying on the right path, sobriety suits you,

I’m guessing the Doctor prescribed you weight loss pills of the amphetamine type, weight loss and self love are things we grow into with sobriety, it’s hard but attainable just like staying sober is.

I can’t speak from your position cause my weight hasn’t shifted much, but I can understand the self love problems. And not wanting to be alone, I’m 38 and been through a string of failed relationships, never married 2 kids, each time I feel like time is running out.

It’s kinda shitty things with dude didn’t work, but I guess better to know now, then to be left wondering right? I should take my own advice here, and never give up hope, what you want is attainable, but the road to get to it isn’t always the same