Just walked out of work

Been going through a lot putting my all into getting sober and working to save money. Well I was a little over tired this morning and my assistant manager had the nerve to tell me that I only work 4 days and that I shouldn’t be tired. Well she has no idea what some people deal with! Am working 4 9 to 10 hours days at that job, than working on the camper till 1 in the morning and than on the weekends I massage. I just couldn’t take the drama at work right now and I walked out.

One of my coworkers though was sweet enough to reach out to me and asked me not to drink tonight, and that really meant a lot to me! I would normally go right to the drink but it didn’t even cross my mind when I was dealing with all this bullshit I been dealing with at work, it kinda made me feel good that I didn’t think about drinking.

10 Likes

When you say you “just walked out”, does this mean you quit?

Good on ya for not drinking.

Yea… kinda. I told them that I needed some time to think about it. It just been a lot of unprofessional things going on.

Hope you don’t get jammed up financially. I’ve been there once. New owner of a company bought out my minority share, and then started treating me like I couldn’t leave any time I wanted. I corrected that erroneous thinking with two words: “I quit”.

3 Likes

Yea, I can’t drive and thankful it’s summer and warmer so the living will be easy. I have some money save and I no problem finding jobs just gotta think about some things…

2 Likes

Nice to have options.

1 Like

Sometimes the world wants to assign you a role in life. And once you accept that role you are screwed.

As your sponser will tell you, you’ll need to practice the 10th step and make ammends. That’s the part that sucks. However, you do need to have boundaries and speak up for yourself. Prayers to you.

For those who might not be familiar with AA.

Step 10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

1 Like

Js but my grandpa told me if you’re not happy with a job then piss on it. Hope u find something better

1 Like

Oh gosh 🤦 someone telling you how you should feel is so annoying.

I freaking feel tired, you telling me I shouldn’t isn’t going to make me be like “Oh, you’re right I’m not tired-good call buddy”.

Agreed that venting and moving on is important.

1 Like

Awesome for not drinking. Maybe explain to that person what you told us. I’m pretty sure she will be understanding, if you don’t know you don’t know unfortunately and people unfortunately assume. All the best.

1 Like

Thank you guys, I Know that i was over tired and reacted a little over the top but I don’t deal with stupid drama so well. There is no need for it.

1 Like

Personally, I think having a job that you hate is the worst possible thing in life. It sucks everything out of you and makes you a miserable and shitty person in outside life. It destroys the soul. If it were me I’d use my options and find something that I actually like. Most people don’t have that option and would probably kill for it. I’ve had problems with every partner I’ve ever had because I liked or loved my job and they hated theirs. But even in the depths of my addiction I was a much happier and positive person. I’m pretty sure that every person in the world would take your opportunity gladly. Do you! Use every option available to make and keep your life awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you! I really needed that. It’s been rough since I lost my drivers license and my own massage business. I had to get a job at the local grocery store which isn’t truly what I want to do, and with me having to find a new place to live for the 8th time in the past year and into this year I have been really stressed out and trying not to go to the bottle. with walking to work to work 9 plus hours at a place where people like to talk shit and start drama I am not into it one bit. Made what was on my plate just overflow yesterday and now am struggling with if I should go in or not today, in my mind I am like I should go in because you are gonna make it rough on your coworkers that you like and the other side of me is like I don’t have time nor space to deal with this crap and I just want to work on the camper I will be living in next week. Which has a lot of stuff I still have to do.

1 Like

Sorry for the slight rant/vent!

1 Like

No need to apologize. We need to vent or we’ll never stay sober. Do what is going to make your life better. If it’s having a job, do it. If it’s working on your camper and making that part of your life better, do it. Just remember your life is about YOU. No one wants to screw other people over, but if it’s toxic to you then don’t do it. The hardest part of this journey IMO is putting ourselves first. But if we don’t do that we will inevitably fail. Life just throws bullshit at us and we have to navigate it the best we can.

1 Like

Working on putting myself first is the hardest thing, but I have realized that if I don’t than I just get depressed and start thinking that the bottle will help.

I am very lucky in the fact that I don’t have a hard time finding a job, just these days with not being able to drive it has made things harder but I have faith that i will get one! :slight_smile:

Thank you for talking with me! It has helped a lot!

1 Like

It’s hard, being at a place of employment where you are unhappy. Makes it even that much harder to stay sober. What you did sounds like the best thing you could of done! There are millions of jobs out there. I have the motto if your unhappy at the place you work go and find a new place and I guess I made that decision for myself yesterday, without really knowing what I was doing.

1 Like