Keep healthy 💯

On New Year’s I was proudly sober, first time in 20 years. I’ve let all these world events overtake my control not to drink. After some deep breaths and a terrible hang over I’m starting over.Im thankful for the support and wisdom on here, I will never give up.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

The new journey awaits!!

It’s truly amazing you are gonna surprise yourself. Is it always easy eff no, some days are trying. Very trying.

This is my 1st attempt at getting/staying sober while in a sober network, program etc. I’ve quit before, but it always kept me turning back after things didn’t go my way. And of course my people being around me really didn’t help much. Ie I had a GF who was an active heroin addict, a friend who sold, and a pile of prescription pills always at an arm’s length.

They told me to change my life, I kinda did, I took a ton of shortcuts in early sobriety to fix the unfixable and I’m paying for it now, the old me, get so wasted that I don’t care, just use the golden horseshoe nailed to my ass, and luck out, add manipulating people to the mix I’m set for a year or two. But I cant do that it’s an endless circle of damage, heartbreak, and destroying other people. And that’s something I cannot keep doing.

Feel free to use the resources here, locally zoom meetings and make some friends. Its really really amazing

2 Likes

Welcome back ? Dawn.
I’ve let the world events be a top cause for my drinking November 2016 until Jan 2 2020. I mean I drank tons 40 years before that. But during that time I just mentioned I was drinking lunch, afternoons, dinner, and evening. And then some mornings too. Everything was still shit. I really just got tired of it. The viscous headache hangovers. The merry go round of drinking. Ugh. It didn’t do anything to actually make me feel good or better. I didn’t drink in 2020 and things still sucked. But I feel so much better. Everyday I check in here and do my gratitude list on the Daily Gratitude thread. I got so much more to be grateful for now that I’m sober. So much more. I hope to see you around. Things may still be shit all around us, but hey. At least I’m sober. And no more headaches.
You’re worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes