Kinda sad and lonely right now

I’m doing well. I am on day 3 (now day 4 because it’s 1am) and i’ve been doing super well, i went to all my classes in uni, i’ve been able to focus and be productive. and my cravings for weed were basically nonexistent. but… now it’s 1am and I’m feeling truly lonely. i don’t have a boyfriend nor a best friend. and i really wish i had a boyfriend, i am thinking about all the times i got my heart broken and it makes me pretty sad. so yeah i feel really lonely and i really wish i had someone to talk to.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that Aly. Loneliness is a really tough feeling - the heartache. We want to connect, right? That’s one of our basic human needs.

It’s good that you reached out here though. There are some awesome people here. Hey - can I ask - how was your day today? What did you do? What did you learn?

2 Likes

I am going into a meeting with my therapist in a few minutes but I will be back out in a little bit.

I get that way even surrounded by people I love. Glad your here to talk. Hang in there!!!

3 Likes

i had a great day, i went to uni, managed to stay focused in class, also met some other students/friends and in the evening i went to a pub with some friends (who were drinking beer and smoking weed - i didn’t even crave it though) and now it’s almost 2am and I’m in my bed

3 Likes

Loneliness is such a crushing feeling and its like this ache that just slowly brings you down. Anytime you feel this way, need to just talk, vent and be heard. We all are here for you! Feel free to post and chat with us. We will listen to understand and to not just respond. Glad to hear your day went well and talk about will power!! Going to the bar and staying sober as well as no cravings, that is some strength and determination right there! Very proud of you. Keep your head up, you are strong and I am so glad that you are going to classes and being productive. Feel free to reach out if you just need to chat and a listening ear! I am here, my name is Kayla :hugs:

4 Likes

Glad to hear it Aly - I’m happy for you. The end of the day is an important time. I often find it’s a challenging time for me; is it challenging for you too? I find I have to consciously care for myself at that time. Sometimes I take baths; I find the warmth helps me calm down, and carrying it into bed helps me sleep. One strategy I will do now if I can’t sleep is to get out of bed and have a bath, and go back to bed.

What do you do to help get to sleep, if you don’t mind me asking? I mean in healthy ways. (I know that both of us have used unhealthy ways to get to sleep :innocent: )

2 Likes

hey! I’m also beating my cannabis addiction right now, only on day three, but I totally get what you mean about the loneliness. I’ve been using weed as a friend for a long time and find without it my thoughts of sadness and loneliness are so amplified. night time has been really hard but writing has helped me. have you thought about joining a support group? I just went to my first meeting last week and being around like-minded people really helped encouraged me to try and helps with the loneliness. I wish you luck with your sobriety, school, and remember you are not alone. I believe in you!

2 Likes

I have a boyfriend but he’s managed to make me feel more alone and hopeless than ever. My heart breaks for you because I’m so alone and depressed. I wish no one had to feel like this. If you want to message me directly I’ll give you my number and you can talk to me anytime

2 Likes

thank you all so much for the support it means a lot to me❤

4 Likes

I too suffered with feeling lonely,lost ,sad early days if you think about it we are greiving for the doc we have decided is not part of our lives anymore,so feeling lonely and sad are totally normal I too went through this it does get easier as the more you resist the stronger you become.stick with it your doing great.xxcan you start extra curricular activities at uni to start meeting new ppl.xx

3 Likes

Sounds like you had a full, fun and diverse day, meeting people and studying and all. Focus on what you have, not what you don’t have, practice gratitude, perceive and enjoy what’s there rather than fantasise on lacks regrets resentments and losses. Stay in the now. It’ll change your perspective and help you not put substance where you perceive sth else is missing.
Also, don’t stay up into the early morning hrs. You’re in early recovery, it’ll be much easier on your mind if you get some sleep, enough sleep, and avoid weird times of day where everyone’s thoughts get wonky and go weird places. Take this from a barmaid (up late a lot too) and fellow dreamer and ruminator. It doesn’t do us any good in early recovery. Focus on yourself. X

3 Likes

That’s right!! A stable sleeping :sleeping: pattern is so beneficial for me. So difficult to heal and rejuvenate without healthy sleep.

2 Likes