Ladies cravings and your period

Hey ladies. Does anyone else have the problem of more intense cravings leading up to your period at that time of the month? I seem to do well pushing the the thoughts out of my head until about 10 days before I’m due on… Then I can’t hold them back any longer and hit it really hard until its over about 2 weeks later. Any comments or advice is very welcome :blush:

Yes. I’m more emotional when I’m on it and just broke my sobriety last night with two bottles of wine and of course now hate myself this morning and feel terrible

1 Like

Only day 6 and I worry about this. I’ve struggled with PMS tremendously in the past and have found exercise to help… while still drinking. Hope it’s 10x better NOT drinking and not the other way around. Are you taking any supplements?

1 Like

I usually workout consistently to help it not affect me as much. I feel very lucky I don’t suffer more during that time. I know working out for some women is just not an option when they are in so much pain.

Emotionally I just try to really think about what I’m going to say and why I feel a certain way instead of just blurting out what I want lol but again, I feel that’s a capability for me, I know it isn’t for everyone.

It’s usually my patience that goes first, so I let things go a little more during this time. Like giving in to the kids a little more, not beating myself up about that extra cookie-just trying to go with the flow-:joy:

1 Like

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/all-about-addiction/201002/craving-when-the-brain-remembers-drug-use

Something i found yesterday when i was experiencing the same thing:-)

2 Likes

I thought about this yesterday because I realised that I´m due in about 8 days…I´m a little more than three weeks sober and it makes me a little nervous. Currently I don´t miss drinking and feel great but I always used to drink a lot the first two days of my periode. I´m not always in pain, there are lighter and havier months for me but the craving for alcohol (and unhealthy food) seems to be the same everytime.
It actually makes me feel a little better to read here that this is actually a thing for more women…I´m just going to focus on keeping myself busy, working out if I´m not in too much pain and eat as much as I want to, because every bite of junk food is better then picking up the bottle :wink:
Hope every one of us makes it through!

2 Likes

So is that like 3 weeks out of the month? 10 days before and 2 weeks after seems like its most of the month. You may be able to break the cycle and exchange it for sugar for now, that was what I actually craved more than anything. But you have to break that cycle first and not give in to those cravings. Good luck doll!

1 Like