Last Day of Drinking Sat Dec 3rd 2016 I just joined here

Hi my name is kerryk. 45 year old woman. I am trying to get healthier and stop drinking for good finally. Very hard because I am Irish and social. My last drink was last Sat night Dec 3rd 2016. The reason I want to stop is my belly is swollen. I am a former widow at 40 years old and no insurance. I hope that by quiting completely my problem with swelling will get better. I am kind of worried about that. Tomorrow I have my boyfriend’s family christmas party. They know for the last three years that they have known me that I drink wine. Tomorrow I will not be drinking. They will notice the difference. I dont want them to think that I am an alcoholic and my boyfriend will be embarised. I dont know what to say my reason is if they ask me. Any advice?

2 Likes

Just tell them your trying to watch your weight or your cutting out Sugar for awhile. I’d wait to tell anyone about your decision to quit drinking until you are ready. Some people s reaction might surprise you. For me, my family would always say"there’s nothing wrong with having one or two, just have fun". Well intended, but for me it never stops at one or two. I plan on waiting until I know for sure I’m over the temptation to drink so it won’t bother me what others think or say. Good job on quitting :slight_smile:

2 Likes