Last day on adderall-Cold Turkey

After the past few days of incredibly high doses I tried to stop this morning and failed. I’m officially out and am going to stop any advice or motivation would help!

I don’t know much about Adderall but I feel for you. I believe in you and you should believe in yourself. You CAN do this.

2 Likes

You cant get better unless u stop now. Adderall is synthetic meth. So you may experience wd simular to a meth addict. I cant help u much there but to get vitamin supplement, hydrate, and rest for a couple days. After a few days clean your thought process will change and be more clear. Then start a recovery plan. If u relapse dont give up as many of us relapsed thousands of times before putting up big numbers. When we did relapse we play the story out and analyze what needs changed. Deleting and blocking ur dealers number or throwing ur phone in a lake should be the first start.

6 Likes

I’m right here with you. Just flushed the rest of my 30mg instants down the lou. It’s so hard to eat right now. Drink lots of fluids like smoothies and almondmilk.

1 Like

I remember the only thing that got me through those days (90mg per day) were twizzlers and cherry bites. Sugar for the energy and chewing (the twizzlers) for the anxiety. I used that method 10 years ago to stop smoking cold turkey. Worked great! Said why not try with adderall and it worked too. However I only take 10mg a day now using it for its purpose. Haven’t abused it in many years and have no desire after I stopped taking it for a while.

Attempting this now to stop drinking. Only 2 days in and really craving the sugar! Stopping on the way home from work for my twizzler fix!

Good luck mate! You got this!

2 Likes

Its a tough drug to shake, but you can do it. I was hooked on it and taking ridiculous doses for 1.5 years or so. I have now been away from it for most of the past year (last script filled November 2017), the exception being a 1-night binge back in June. This stuff actually had its hooks in me worse than booze did.

I cannot stress the importance of exercise, proper eating, and drinking buckets of water. You could potentially feel awful these first few days/weeks, like nothing is vibrant or interesting. I had such little energy or motivation, major brain fogginess. This does get better. It wont feel like it will, but it will – I promise. Just give yourself the time. The first 7-10 days can be rough, but you should start to improve around day 5.

Take care of yourself, and remember - water, exercise, food. That’ll speed up the shitty part of all this. Quitting that nasty shit is worth it, trust me. I have seen and lived on both sides. You might feel like you cant get anything done without it, but you can.

Feel free to pm me if you are in a tough spot or have any questions.

4 Likes

Also – meant to say: if you are getting it through a doctor (meaning, the “legal way”), TELL THEM TO NOT PRESCRIBE YOU ANY MORE.

I literally said to my doctor “blacklist me”. It was the only way i could guarantee myself i wouldnt be back there the next month to refill. I made it much more difficult to get for myself, and it has worked for the most part.

4 Likes

Great move, and as an addict I am not sure I could have told the doctor to do that.

I applaud such an honest and bold move.

As for the addy withdrawals @OP, i have had some binges on that stuff, as well as extasy and bath salts back in the day, and the important things are to rehydrate, eat balanced nutrition of easily digestable foods… fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, etc. Stay away from chocolate and huge doses of caffeine. It wont satisfy your cravings for that same adderall high, so just small doses if any at all.

Pamper yourself, relax and keep yourself occupied with soothing forms of entertainment.

Perhaps most importantly, SLEEP! As much as you can get away with. Let your body reboot and you will feel better in no time.

How long and how consistently were you on the adds? How much is the incredibly high doses?

Dont try to replace it with any other substances, it will not work out how you would hope and you will only transfer the addiction elsewhere. This is the exact way i got addicted to opiates, trying to relieve a pretty intense comedown from adderall.

Good luck friend, stay sober no matter what!

1 Like

My high doses would be around 90mg some days. I took around 1000mg total in two months because I came across a deal of sorts and after I realized I lied to nearly everyone in my life about my habit and I was embarrassed I knew it wasn’t something I could continue. Thank you for the advice.

1 Like

I have/had a very hardcore Adderall addiction and also stopped cold turkey. I was taking an average of 400 mg a day (not a typo!) which would kill most people. I am now 158 days sober of everything. It takes your brain and body a long time to recover from this drug and SUCKS at times but it IS possible. I let my body do what it needed to do. Slept when I needed to at first (so like all day) and didn’t do much for a while but the biggest part of fighting through this is not to be so hard on yourself. You were dependent on it for your whole day every day for a long time, so it’s ok to feel lethargic and have no motivation for a while. Eventually, your natural every will come back and you will realize you CAN do everything you did on Adderall, only sober! And better! Peace love and strength to you on this journey. I know this was posted a while ago @Alex21 , how are you doing now??

1 Like

Oh wow. Yes adderal. They prescribed me 80 mg a day. I would be out on a week. Foaming at the mouth. Lol. Get off that stuff! Keep us posted

I’ve struggled a little bit more but recently been sober for about two weeks now after a few weak moments

2 Likes

Good for you. It’s very hard. Two weeks is a HUGE deal! You should be proud. I blocked all of my dealer contacts on my phone (even “friends”) and told my doctors office. That will help you a great amount of you want to be committed. You can do it.

1 Like

Went to rehab for Adderall. It’s real!

I’m glad someone understands the struggle, it’s hard to find someone that takes prescription amphetamine addiction seriously so thank you very much for the support

1 Like