Last reset ever

Kinda obvious tbh

When some start getting clean they never use again. For others though, theres a relapse. When I relapsed again I continued to use. In the back of my mind I maybe wanted sobriety but I didnt have the focus.

And I think thats where the magic for me is: Everytime I resetted the counter there were two possibilities: 1) It sucked
or
2) It sucked but now my goal was to stay clean until Im dead.

It seems counterintuitive to 100% believe that 2) would be true, that Im gonna stay clean, if I had that thought very often after resetting but I still resetted. The thing is, I have to believe in 2) and I have to believe that this was the last reset! With that thought after every reset my resets became longer apart from each other, although thats not what I want

I did and will continue to do anything to not reset anymore no matter what and I will learn from all past mistakes.

All resets I had with the 2) strategy showed me my mistakes, false “friends” mainly and Im glad I can learn from these mistakes

So my tip is to treat every reset like the last, and now the goal is to change your life so it stays the last

1 Like

That’s the spirit! :facepunch:
What helps me tremendously is not to look to far ahead. Today I do not drink.
Yes, my plan is to be sober the rest of my life. But it gives me stress to think about never drink ever again. So today I do not drink and tomorrow I do it again. Just that! :wink:
I wish you well :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you.

amazing :fist::clap: you are really inspiring.
i am resetting my alcohol count every morning. go into detox end of the month… basically alternating between white knuckling it and overdrinking until then… just need to know there is hope on the other side.

There is hope, every day sober quality of life increases, thats excluding anything productive that can also be done to improve life

i know the work involved. was in recovery 4 years ago. got a small amount of clean time… know the joy that comes with… just need to focus on that…

1 Like

Nothing changes if nothing changes. I knew on 13th May 2017 that my life had to radically change.

We really need to explore the changes required, these varied from driving home from work on a different route to avoid the places I stopped to buy alcohol to going regularly to AA meetings and working the 12 step program. Making changes breaks the insanity cycle we find ourselves in when in active addiction.

4 Likes

Begs the question “why wait till detox at the end of the month?”
It seems to me that you are putting all your “hope” on that! I’ve not been, but my understanding of it is basically it gives you time away from the temptation and helps equip you with tools to use going forward.
The effort still has to come from inside you! Just the same as AA is a helpline, they can’t make you stop. The work is from you.
Why do you reset every morning? Why are you not changing your life now!

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting and they will help you stay sober wish you well

not everyone has the option, financially, to just drop everything; going as soon as i possibly am able. cheers.

You don’t have to stay clean forever…just for today. Then tomorrow you do the next today. One day at a time.

3 Likes

Not on about detox. Why can’t you stop drinking now!

1 Like