Last week I was so hungover

I slept the embarrassments and guilt away from Saturday to Sunday . Monday I downloaded this app . I wasted three days cus I drank… today is Saturday and I did homework , went to the gym , did laundry and got my breaks done . It really is the little things. . Thank you guys for your support . I really think a lot of my persistence was not only cus how much I hated myself for wasting last weekend but to how informative you guys have been as well .

10 Likes

Keep it up. Read and post as you’ve been. My take? You’ve downloaded the app so you want better/change. Keep up the good work and stick around, you wont regret it. Pick up some hobbies and treat yourself when you can. You’re worth it. You got this and we ALL got your back!

4 Likes

Hey Ali…
Like Jim said, stick around. Being here, reading a lot, checking in daily, has helped me a lot. So many good people to surround yourself with.

2 Likes

I understand completely. I spent a lifetime of mornings with hangovers and regrets. I don’t miss those days at all.

I relish my self confidence and self respect and my hangover free wake ups every freakin morning.

Keep working hard girl!! :heart:

Glad you could be here and that you decided you needed a change! I’m on day 16 and this app has helped me alot! Keep coming back and good luck on your sobriety!!

3 Likes

Been there too.
But the good thing is: if you hold on you never have to experience that again.
I love my sober mornings, they are one of the gifts of being sober :heart:
Within a few days I’m 1 year sober. What helped me? Being here every day, reading and writing. Giving it all I have one day at a time.
Today I do not drink.
Glad you joined the sober club! :facepunch:

3 Likes