Late hello

Welcome @Mat88 and @petr. One of the things I’ve learned in sobriety is to doubt and question and investigate, particularly my own motives and my own thinking. I found that for years my desire to get sober was limited to a situation (usually legal or marital), or to a person.

For me, I stayed sober finally after 30 years of drinking by accepting any and all help offered, by completely surrendering the idea that I could control my drinking, and by focusing just on one day of not drinking at a time. Only 16 or 18 hours, really. I became a radical believer that right now is the only moment that I can influence, not the past or the future, and that I need to do something positive about my alcoholism every day or it will do something about me.

Blessings on your houses :pray:.

2 Likes

Hi all, and congrats on all your sober days. I only want to encourage you to work on your state of mind about your addiction. Learn as much as you could about how an addictive brain works. Sheer willpower won’t do it in the long run. I’ve fond This Naked Mind and Allen Carr’s Stop Drinking Alcohol are eye openers for sure. Completely changed my few on alcohol and put it in a different perspective. Finally I realised I don’t give up anything by stop drinking but I gain freedom from a POISON again.
Just work your way through the threads and topics on here. There’s so much friendly advise and so much wisdom. I love it and it helps me tremendously.
Good look on your journeys everybody.

3 Likes